ET4G Poor screen response time?

bustaone

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have this shiny new GS2, and I've got this nit to pick... Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

The touch screen response time is not good. It's like it takes a quarter of a second to begin registering that I have touched the screen. This sounds minimal, but I type very very fast and one of the main reasons I upgraded was because I was typing faster than my evo could keep up with (processor wise). But now, once I really start going, I start getting many missed keypresses. And not because I didn't touch there, but because I seem to be going faster than the keyboard can handle.... Very frustrating. The processor is wholly up to the task but the touch sensor has something up with it.

I have had the same problem with the stock keyboard, swiftkey x, and smart keyboard pro. I really hate having to slow way down just so my keypresses don't get all messed up.

Anyone else? Or might I have a bad phone? Or am I crazy?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I only have this problem when my phone is plugged in. Try it unplugged and if that doesn't work do a factory reset and then if THAT doesn't work, call up Sprint/take it into a store and see what they can do.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So I have this shiny new GS2, and I've got this nit to pick... Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

The touch screen response time is not good. It's like it takes a quarter of a second to begin registering that I have touched the screen. This sounds minimal, but I type very very fast and one of the main reasons I upgraded was because I was typing faster than my evo could keep up with (processor wise). But now, once I really start going, I start getting many missed keypresses. And not because I didn't touch there, but because I seem to be going faster than the keyboard can handle.... Very frustrating. The processor is wholly up to the task but the touch sensor has something up with it.

I have had the same problem with the stock keyboard, swiftkey x, and smart keyboard pro. I really hate having to slow way down just so my keypresses don't get all messed up.

Anyone else? Or might I have a bad phone? Or am I crazy?

Um.....slow down? Life is great, slow down and smell the roses :).

I noticed my screen response time immediately get better when I changed over from Touchwiz to Launcher Pro. It's more responsive on texting, emails, games, and especially after I take the phone away from my ear to end a call. Maybe give it a try.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine and I haven't had any lag issues at all. I have been really impressed with the performance coming from a sense phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you experiencing touch screen delay or keyboard lag? It sounds more like keyboard lag from what you're describing, and I get it too on many keyboards that have robust word prediction. If it's your screen causing the delay then I'd say you have faulty hardware. Mine is instant.

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Crazy?
That my $500 device seems to have a worse touch response than the one it replaced that was almost 2 years old?

I'm probably going to take this back if it doesn't get better.

You asked.... If you type so super fast that you cant deal with it then take it back. Or just slow down your typing a bit. Do you gain anything by being very very fast?

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You asked.... If you type so super fast that you cant deal with it then take it back. Or just slow down your typing a bit. Do you gain anything by being very very fast?

Sorry, but I gotta agree with this post. Maybe it's time to stop texting so much and make a phone call. The E4GT does that very well with no lag. Either that or get a different phone with a QWERTY slideout.

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
are you joking with this post? slow down because the phone can't keep up lol... make a phone call? the phone should be able to keep up know matter what.... I had this problem with smart keyboard pro, i switch to the free gingerbread keyboard and it fixed my keyboard lag...

Sorry, but I gotta agree with this post. Maybe it's time to stop texting so much and make a phone call. The E4GT does that very well with no lag. Either that or get a different phone with a QWERTY slideout.

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

are you joking with this post? slow down because the phone can't keep up lol... make a phone call? the phone should be able to keep up know matter what.... I had this problem with smart keyboard pro, i switch to the free gingerbread keyboard and it fixed my keyboard lag...

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine and I haven't had any lag issues at all. I have been really impressed with the performance coming from a sense phone.

I agree I don't have the phone yet as I am upgrading later this month but the floor model seemed smooth as butter

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk