1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification Bar Icon Draining Battery?

This icon has been on all day today on my phone. I had to charge my phone 3 times today when usually I can get through the whole day without charging. I'm not sure what it is because when I pull the bar down...there is nothing there.

I updated the PRL, and Profile. No change. I rebooted the phone. No change.

What is it? It looks like a loading icon of some sort.

Someone please help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Notification Bar Icon Draining Battery?-sc20111230-014632-picsay.jpg  
    Previous Phones: Motorola MPX220, Motorola Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 3D - Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Notification Bar Icon Draining Battery?

UPDATE: I found out it was the Sync feature that's been on all day. I went to manage all applications and force stopped it. It went away.
    Previous Phones: Motorola MPX220, Motorola Q9C, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 3D - Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch

Default Re: Notification Bar Icon Draining Battery?

FYI, if you have Google Currents installed. that app takes a while to update. Especially if you have a lot of content.
    And yes on some occassions gmail, or exchange or other apps that require periodic syncing will hang. Most of the time its on thier side and not your phone. However this will cause your phone to keep trying and keep trying.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+