Sync Windows Media Player playlists?

JasonLudlow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I received the E4GT for Christmas and am loving it. The only problem so far is syncing my Windows Media Player (WPM) playlists. When I connect the phone to my PC in USB mode, WMP recognizes the E4GT and if I copy a playlist to the Sync List it does successfully copy over all of the mp3 files - but not the playlist itself. I have several WMP playlists -- some with hundreds of songs -- I don't want to have to manually recreate the playlists on my phone. Does anyone have suggestions that will allow me to use the playlists I already have in WMP and get them over to the E4GT?

JasonLudlow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit I haven't had the chance to use Google Music much, so I'm not sure of its capabilities. My major concern is that I am often in areas with none or limited cell coverage. But I still like to listen to my music. Can Google Music copy my playlists so that they are stored locally on my phone, or do I always need to be "on the network" to listen to my playlists?

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
WMP Music & Playlists Sync Perfectly With Google Music

I'll admit I haven't had the chance to use Google Music much, so I'm not sure of its capabilities. My major concern is that I am often in areas with none or limited cell coverage. But I still like to listen to my music. Can Google Music copy my playlists so that they are stored locally on my phone, or do I always need to be "on the network" to listen to my playlists?

Jason,

I have successfully uploaded my 15,000 song collection to Google Music, as well as my numerous WMP Playlists. Once this is done (properly) by telling the Google Music Manager app (on your PC) to sync with you WMP collection, all syncing to Google Music will occur automatically in the background.

To answer you other concern, regarding limited cell coverage... I agree, and am happy to advise that Google Music provides a solution. Google Music for Android allows you to designate any music in your cloud collection to also be copied down to your device for offline listening at any time. I find the best way to work with this is designate several active/current playlists you are enjoying, and designate them for offline listening on your phone. Whenever you add or remove tracks within those designated playlists, a simple sync of Google Music will update everything again.

I was skeptical of Google Music at first, and it will take a LONG time to initially upload a large music collection to the cloud. However, once that's done, and you dial-in your playlists and off-line selections, you'll begin wondering how you lived without this musical convenience for so long.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!

Reactions: austinfrizzell

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Jason,

I have successfully uploaded my 15,000 song collection to Google Music, as well as my numerous WMP Playlists. Once this is done (properly) by telling the Google Music Manager app (on your PC) to sync with you WMP collection, all syncing to Google Music will occur automatically in the background.

To answer you other concern, regarding limited cell coverage... I agree, and am happy to advise that Google Music provides a solution. Google Music for Android allows you to designate any music in your cloud collection to also be copied down to your device for offline listening at any time. I find the best way to work with this is designate several active/current playlists you are enjoying, and designate them for offline listening on your phone. Whenever you add or remove tracks within those designated playlists, a simple sync of Google Music will update everything again.

I was skeptical of Google Music at first, and it will take a LONG time to initially upload a large music collection to the cloud. However, once that's done, and you dial-in your playlists and off-line selections, you'll begin wondering how you lived without this musical convenience for so long.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!

I can't find that option on the music manager, all I can do is sync music

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084