Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to get this phone to play through AUX on my Car Radio

Quote Originally Posted by accordngs View Post
    Ok..tried searching, found nothing.

I own a 2010 GMC Terrain that has a USB input for audio devices. It works fine with an iPod, iPhone, Evo 4G, Evo 3D, Nexus S.....but I've had my SGS2 for a couple of months and still won't work.

When I plug it in, it says the device is not supported. I don't understand why it wouldn't work when everything else worked fine. Pretty annoying because I like playing the music on my phone rather than the radio. Was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and figured out a solution.

What is the size of the memory on your SGS2? if it's more than 32GB & see if the system used to format the memory is NTFS. If that's the case then that's the problem.
    I experience the same problem when I tried playing music from my 500GB external hard drive. But I discovered the solution and now my external hard drive is now working with the USB on my car stereo. U need to format the memory using FAT32 system which car stereo will recorgnize it. you car stereo can not detect drives that are formatted with NTFS.

hi, i dont know if you have solved this problem but i had a samsung galaxy s 2 and i connected mine fine through the usb connection, settings, usb utilities, connect device (or something similar) it should then tell you to connect the cable, it wont work if you connect the cable first, i have just upgraded to the galaxy note 2 and that wont work so im a bit miffed as i have the usb port in my car and hifi at home so i think im going to try and exchange it, hope ive helped x

Nah...doesn't work for me either. Tried Bluetooth. Tried Aux jack.... out of ideas.

my usb was working then it stop. so i disconnect the battery and it rebooted it now works
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12