Calendar appointments can't be edited

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, new to the fourms, but have been an Android user for a couple of years.

Just upgraded (from EVO) to the Epic 4G Touch. I sync my Exchange calendar through the Active Sync program and I also sync my Google Calendar. Appointments created on either external calendar push to phone, but they can't be edited on the phone. I've seen others with this problem but haven't seen any real solutions yet.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thanks,
Gary

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
weird.

I can edit all of my appointments. I also switched fro? I an Evo3d to this.
I have to open the appointment then hit menu then edit.

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
weird.

I can edit all of my appointments. I also switched fro? I an Evo3d to this.
I have to open the appointment then hit menu then edit.

Totally weird. The edit button is gone when I do that on any appointments NOT created on the device itself. If I create the appt on the device, I have full editing priviliges. However, if the appt is synced from Google or Outlook, I can't edit it at all - the functionality is just gone.

MerpsMom

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this will work. Open the calendar, see the month, pick a date for which you have an appointment. At the bottom you'll see what you've named the appointment, say Joe's Birthday. Click that named event, and you'll bring up more details such as day and the calendar you posted it to. Then go down and hit the lower-left phone button. Now you can edit.

? Whaddya think? :)

MM

gh268

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if this will work. Open the calendar, see the month, pick a date for which you have an appointment. At the bottom you'll see what you've named the appointment, say Joe's Birthday. Click that named event, and you'll bring up more details such as day and the calendar you posted it to. Then go down and hit the lower-left phone button. Now you can edit.

? Whaddya think? :)

MM

Thanks, but didn't work. I had tried that yesterday. If it's an appt I created on the phone, then the "Edit" button is there. But if it's an appt from Exchange calendar, no edit button.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same calendar editing issue on both of my E4GT phones (am using/syncing Google calendar). I create an appt. on my personal phone, select an email participant (me-business email), and send it to my business phone. The business phone receives the email appt. and automatically puts it on the calendar. When I open the appt. on the business phone to edit it, no can do.

qmg99

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same.problem. my exchange stopped synching so i reset the account. Now i have all ezchange appointments but cant edit . Just option to accept or decline. Help!

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I believe when calenders are sync'd from an external calender its "read only". For example, my wife uses Cozi Calender and we have it sync to our google calender. These entries are imported through a .ics web addy. The only way to edit these is through cozi then migrate from there.

gazingatmars

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue as well! I do not sync with any other calendar. All of my calendar entries are entered using my phone. Since the firmware upgrade last week, The edit button is gone from all of my calendar entries. This is a substantial issue for me. Droid network needs to get this fixed right away!!!

HEELLLLPPPPP! I am normally a Droid-lover, but this is starting to get under my skin. Where else should I go to report this issue and hunt down the fix???

Kristen :(:':)-\:eek::mad:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100M
Current Firmware version LD3

edwards1

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same exact problem on Samsung galaxy S3. Any event that is synced with the device and not created on it is a read only. The edit option does not show up? To reschedule an appointment I have to copy, paste then edit essentially re-creating the meeting. The meetings also show as an invitation when synced and it doesn?t matter if I accept or not. Anybody found a fix or security setting in the exchange software to correct this?

wollerhead

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm also experiencing this problem with my new Galaxy S3... just switched from a BlackBerry, which despite it's drawbacks worked flawlessly when it came to fundamental matters like this!
Wondering whether anyone knows of anyone whose phone IS syncing properly with exchange/office365?... and whether we can determine anything from that... would like to find a solution to this soon!...it's more then a minor inconvenience!

Ian_Gould

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Think I've found the problem ... It also begun with the last software update.
This solution to the problem of editing calendar events only works if you solely use the calendar on phone. It relates to logging into gmail ... you have to log in and remain logged in. Then when you create events in the calendar they will be recorded on the gmail calendar and you can edit them. Old events and imported calendar events are posted on the calendar, but can't be edited on the phone ... So start again. If you change your alternate/imported events on that calendar and then sync, you may be in luck. Events prior to the update are recorded on the Local Calendar and can't be altered.
I hope this makes sense.

---------- Post Merged at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Kristen, my post here relates to you as you use your calendar in the same way as I do (you will need to create a Gmail account ... but will hardly ever need to use it, but it's a stock component as both Android and Gmail are Google products).

Last edited:

ian.watts

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Have a GS3. While I have a few GMail syncs with calendar, the issue is with Exchange, not GMail.
New appointments appear as INVITATIONS.. as if I'm not the originator of some "meeting request". I have not ruled out a connector we have on our Exchange 2010 server for a sync to our online CRM.. but GMail-based appointments are usable just fine. I may add an account for a client's server and see what I get. I don't know if it worked and stopped.. only noticed it sometime next week when I went to change the times on an appointment from my phone. Unclear if I just "suggest a new time" would be a viable workaround.. seems rather lame.

ian.watts

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Update: Indeed. I added a known client's Exchange 2010 account on a different server to my GS3.. works fine. I can update appointments he originated, the ones where he is an attendee show as a Meeting Invitation.. cannot edit directly.. can reply and accept/decline/suggest new time as I would expect.

It appears our CRM plugin (server-side) may be affecting the appointments where it "forgets" I originated the appointment. They are fine in Outlook, though, for me to adjust at will. Go figure.

sonicgs2

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've lost the edit button completely. Most of my appts go to MyCalendar. I can only delete or share after my last upgrade (1st changes to ICS). I'm about done with this calendar. If I can figure out how to export my cal, then I'm out. What an ignorant PITA issue to have to deal with.

wollerhead

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I've tried, at the suggestion of Samsung, removing the exchange account from the Galaxy S3, and performing a hard reset. As you might imagine this did not solve the problem. The behavior is still the same.

I also checked with two other users of Android devices with accounts on the same exchange server: the first an original galaxy tablet, the second a tab 2... In both cases the calendar synching with exchange worked as it is supposed to. Finally, I went
one step further in my effort to isolate the problem - I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet; it too works as it should.

From this I can only conclude it's not an exchange issue, but rather something peculiar about the Galaxy S3... wish I could figure out what though.

Samsung "tech support", with whom I only communicated via their online form, ultimately concluded (when their first two suggestions failed to remedy the problem) that I should speak to someone in their "social hub" (?!? ) dept. In the unlikely event that this sheds any light on the mystery, I'll report back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463