Can't transfer files from PC to phone via USB!

datguydo

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello pplz!

How I was able to copy all files of my Android Phone (Moto E) to a folder in my PC was simple.

1) Download/Install the ADB Drivers (Literally takes 15 Sec) (I can't post links caz of this 10 post limit thing) The title of the page for the download is on xda forums and its called : [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.2

2) Reboot for good measures

3) Plug in your phone to your PC

4) Dats all! Now you can copy any files from your Android device to your PC! :p

Smartymarty69

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Dude... You are the KING. I would have never worked that out. By default you would have thought it would just revert to ALL files but it doesn't. THANKS

Eric N.

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was having this issue on my Galaxy S5. Spent a little while googling a fix and stumbled across this. Thought I would share in case it helped someone else in the future. Samsung provides this android app/software called SideSync on their website that allows you to drag and drop files from your phone to your PC via wifi. This is essentially the same idea as AirDroid but developed by Samsung. I would post a link but I am still considered a spam bot even though I have been a registered user since May 29th 2011.

Joey Steele

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Does actually work for me too before you put a cotton swab in there take a safety pin turn your phone off completely get a flashlight and shine it down into the Micro USB slot a lot of stuff can get caked in the inside and you can use the safety pin to get it out after that clean it with a swab and it should work just fine

Caleb Parsons

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I Had The Same Problem With A Day Old Phone But Just Remove The USB And Turn Your Phone Off, And Then Plug The USB In And Turn The Phone On.
If This Doesn't Work Then Go To Your Notification Bar And Select The First Option Or If It's There Turn On USB Storage Press That.
Hope I Helped You :)

Last edited:

Dave Widget

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I can see why people prefer iOS over Android sometimes.
I just switched to android, and never would I have imagined the pile of puzzles I had to solve on my own.

This problem is only one of them, Cant copy anything via usb to the phone. And I thought I was doing myself a favor ditching iTunes.....

shaneoboy26

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

So I can't transfer files from my PC to my phone via USB. I tried USB debugging on/off. Tried different USB cables, different computers same thing. Tried reboot, battery pull, etc.

I spoke with sprint chat they suggest installing the phone software onto my pc via the CD that came with the phone.

I know if your using a mini USB cable you can't transfer files . You need a USB transfer cable .

Hardcore Gamer

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I can't connect my phone to my PC via USB. It used to work but the connection was sometimes faulty. It would connect and disconnect constantly which was a real pain and eventually it just stopped working altogether. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I have tried many different ways to fix this problem but none of them have worked! I even tried another computer but it failed to install the drivers. Is it the USB cable that's faulty or what? I usually used the USB to transfer music from my PC to my phone. I haven't been able to connect my phone to my PC in a long time and I don't know what else to do!

KommanderToby

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey, i know this is an old post but there is a very simple solution to this, if this does not work please use one of the other methods.

Set you're phones USB mode to File transfer, this message is most probably set to Charge mode, which doesn't allow the computer to see files on the PC. this was added on Android 6.0 to disable public chargers to take info from your phones.

Dmillertime1

May 20, 2016
Visit site
having problem connecting my samsung galaxy s2 to my computer as a disk drive. have been on every forum on the internet and still cant figure it out. it is. it is a SCH-R760 phone and a HP computer running Windows XP. i have downloaded the driver from the samsung website. its a brand new phone )(2 weeks old) with a brand new samsung usb cord so im doubting anything needs cleaning on the phone and iv cleaned the usb port on my computer several times in my quest to make this work. i read alot about going to development and checking usb debugging to make sure its on then going back to homepage before connecting via usb cable. i do this and it says MTP initializing in the status bar on the phone... but when i pull the status bar down and click on mtp connected, nothing happens. i have no option to switch it to mass storage like everyone else seems to thing i would.. iv also tried the method where you go to wireless&networks/usb utilities/ then click the connect storage to PC button, then plug in my cord when prompted and nothing happens then either. my computer makes noises like a plugged in a flash drive or something but no removable disks or anything shows up when i open up My Computer. ive been working feverishly on this for the past two weeks trying to fix it, to no avail. please someone help me out

Does the computer have a pop up when you plug the cable in that's asks how you want to use the device if not in my experience the problem is with the Android debugging bridge and it needing to be turned off. Also try going to the device manager in your computer find your phone when it's connected it'll either be under the USB plug USB ports or as a mass storage device and see if you can manually update the drivers through your device manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggyB22

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have any solutions!?! This is kind of a joke... Phone use to work when I connected a USB plug from my phone-computer & clicked "File Transfer" Now it doesn't

When I click it I hear the noise notification on my computer but nothing comes up. Then when I do "Photo Transfer" that works. Anyone know what to do!?!

WarriorOfEden

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I am having this problem right now! I cannot transfer files to my pc, which has windows 10. I have done it before with my phone but now it isn't working, don't know why. The list of options that usually shows up after you plug in the USB cable doesn't actually show up, I have dragged down the notification bar and still nothing, tried using different cables, still nothing. Tried using different computers, still nothing. My phone? Now this one probably is unknown to you unless you live in the UK... cuz it is British-made android phone called EE Rook. The system is up to date, I have already checked for those and there isn't any.

Anyone help? Need it ASAP!!!

odbdux

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. I managed to get the USB going so that if I clicked a file on the Samsung it will play. However, if I try to copy the file it hangs. I also tried something called Kies but it cant establish a connection to the phone. This is a galaxy S7 Edge. This software is really armature hour. Why can't they make it just work like Apple does?

flwolf

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
To view or transfer files from and to the S7 phone, do the following:
Plug in your S7 with the original white USB cable. On your phone, slide your finger down from the top of the screen. You'll see a few notifications, one of which should be "Charging", which is the default setting. Select "File Transfer" from the list. Now it should work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1