Can't transfer files from PC to phone via USB!

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

So I can't transfer files from my PC to my phone via USB. I tried USB debugging on/off. Tried different USB cables, different computers same thing. Tried reboot, battery pull, etc.

I spoke with sprint chat they suggest installing the phone software onto my pc via the CD that came with the phone.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you pulling down your notification bar, clicking the "USB Connected" notification then clicking the "Connect USB Storage" button on that screen?

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you pulling down your notification bar, clicking the "USB Connected" notification then clicking the "Connect USB Storage" button on that screen?

I pull down the status bar, but nothing. It doesn't have the connect USB storage option :(. It used to work all the time.

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd try two things.
1: Remove the SD card if you have one and try connecting again.
2: If you are running Windows, go to the start menu and type "Computer Management". Then go to Disk Management under Storage and see if the phone shows up as a drive connected to the computer. If it does you may have a drive letter conflict. Try right clicking on the phone and select "Change Drive Letter or Path". Change it to something that isn't taken and see if it shows up now.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I pull down the status bar, but nothing. It doesn't have the connect USB storage option :(. It used to work all the time.

I recall correctly, you have to have USB debugging checked to get the notification. You may have unchecked it.

And yeah you may have a drive conflict. Have you added any devices to your computer recently?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I recall correctly, you have to have USB debugging checked to get the notification. You may have unchecked it.

And yeah you may have a drive conflict. Have you added any devices to your computer recently?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yea I checked on USB debugging - now all of a sudden I get the USB connected, but it says MTP-Connected? And when I click on it nothing happens. I did try different machines too, and I dont have a drive conflict checked that too.

Spoke to soon doesnt recognize it being connected after reboot

Last edited:

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1) WITHOUT usb connected, go to settings, wireless and networks,then USB utilities.

2) Choose connect storage to PC

3) connect cable

4) wait a sec

5) once more with the android guy now on screen connect to mass storage.

6) the windows side of your PC should inquire what do you want to do with these 2 new drives.

7) dance

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
1) WITHOUT usb connected, go to settings, wireless and networks,then USB utilities.

2) Choose connect storage to PC

3) connect cable

4) wait a sec

5) once more with the android guy now on screen connect to mass storage.

6) the windows side of your PC should inquire what do you want to do with these 2 new drives.

7) dance

Wish I could say that worked. The computers don't recognize the device even connected. I press connect storage to PC and it says "attention USB is connected. Remove the cable". Driving me crazy...should I just completely wipe the phone?

ahmedrobles

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys. I am having kind of the same problem. The usb symbol would not go out when the usb is not connected. The pc will not recognize the phone. I also have pda net and it would not connect from the pc either. I cleaned the phone usb connection with alcohol and a vaccum(with the battery removed,the phone off and the phone in vertical position to avoid alcohol going into the phone) but no luck. It was working fine before. Can it be software related??? Will let you know what i find....

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys. I am having kind of the same problem. The usb symbol would not go out when the usb is not connected. The pc will not recognize the phone. I also have pda net and it would not connect from the pc either. I cleaned the phone usb connection with alcohol and a vaccum(with the battery removed,the phone off and the phone in vertical position to avoid alcohol going into the phone) but no luck. It was working fine before. Can it be software related??? Will let you know what i find....

Well, looks like we are screwed. I just did a hard reset. Nothing :(. Talked with Samsung and Sprint support and said I have a bad phone!! I did love this phone... not now.

Darby003

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the new Galaxy II from Sprint. When I plugged it into computer the computer won't recognize or find a driver. How do I download my info to computer.
Or my music on phone won't download to my cars HDD storage like my EVO did. I tried the USB choices & nothing works.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you try Kies Air? It works very well for me. You can transfer your files over your wifi network using a web browser.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Did all of that nothing. Took it to the Sprint store and new one will be here on Friday :(.

I don't want to use Kies air. Even though its pretty slick I prefer the faster USB transfer over wirless.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did all of that nothing. Took it to the Sprint store and new one will be here on Friday :(.

I don't want to use Kies air. Even though its pretty slick I prefer the faster USB transfer over wirless.

That really sucks, at least its getting replaced! My replacement phone was worlds better than my first , hopefully you'll get the same luck! (Mine had ridiculous sound issues via headphones.)

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem. I read on another forum to try to clean the micro usb slot with a soft brush and alcohol very gently. Tried that a it worked for me. :)

ecigg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
That really sucks, at least its getting replaced! My replacement phone was worlds better than my first , hopefully you'll get the same luck! (Mine had ridiculous sound issues via headphones.)

I hope for the same too. I love the phone, but stuff like this can drive you crazzzzy! :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1