Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brownieangel22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whats the best GPS app

I'm a former crackberry addict that has joined the andriod family. I used Sprint navagation on my blackberry and I loved it. I tried using the telnav app that can pre-installed on my galaxy s 2 and it freezes really bad. I'm not really a fan of google maps so i really haven't tried it. What do you use?
    fofjjsr likes this.

Default Re: Whats the best GPS app

I've used a Tom Tom gps (loved it) and Telenav.

Try not to be closed minded nor obstinate, I've found the easy to use Google Navigation to now be the most accurate for turn by turn navigation with look ahead traffic and time to destination. Works perfectly with bluetooth earpiece. Alternative route options are also easy to select.

HTC EVO 3D
    Last edited by jimbo; 01-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Google Navigation is so smooth that I don't even bother with TeleNav. It's not flawless - it sometimes routes weirdly, taking you 7 miles out of your way to save ONE MINUTE (no thanks, I'll spend the minute and keep the buck's worth of gas) - but it typically does the job.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

I like telenav for a couple of reasons:
    1. I find it very accurate.
    2.It alows you to catagorize your locations, ie favorites, work, friends, resturants etc.
    3. You can edit your locations. ie rename them etc

Google maps seems accurate as well but I dont like the inablity to set up my location like telenav.
    Android4life

I use Google Nav and love it. I tried Telenav but just like the Google Navigation more. Seems to update faster and be more accurate. My opinion is you should test them out on your own. But my personal favorite is Google Nav.

Google Nav is my favorite too, but I'm always up to trying a new app if there are other good options beside Telenav.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks all for your tips. I will try google nav.. I never was a fan of it on my blackberry but maybe I need to give them a second look. TeleNav seems like it would be great if I didn't have to force stop and restart so many times. I hope they improve that soon.

Global Posts
    2,814 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

I guess I am one of the few who prefer TeleNav. Google Navigation is great, but unless you replace the voicepack, I find the voice to be slightly robotic. And like it has already been mentioned, TeleNav gives you slightly more route options. It is nice to have the Google Stree view when youre trying to find a place, though.

Also, OP, try upgrading your TeleNav from the Market. It might crash less afterwards.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue

for me telenav is terrible in landscape mode, too much of the screen is crap not map,
    Google maps/nav is much better

Google Nav is what I use also, I really like street view feature it seems so far pretty accurate. Google nav has alerted me to traffic snarls, don't know how it did it but cool feature. Yes Google nav right now for me!