Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default really...... no way to get to homepage in the e4gt browser?

I cant figure out how to go from where i am to my homepage, when in the browser. Am i missing something? Really really annoyed.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Default Re: really...... no way to get to homepage in the e4gt browser?

Can you not just open a new window?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I can, but sometimes dont want to. Even my old blackberry had a choice to go straight to home. How do we advance so far and then forget/scrap the basics? I like android alot, however, i would have stayed blackberry if they had a dual core device. Android is like the really muscular stupid dude we all know. He is a beast. But really really stupid. No finesse or grace just muscles everywhere. I am thouroghly annoyed.
    Brownieangel22 likes this.

ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by knotsure View Post
    I can, but sometimes dont want to. Even my old blackberry had a choice to go straight to home. How do we advance so far and then forget/scrap the basics? I like android alot, however, i would have stayed blackberry if they had a dual core device. Android is like the really muscular stupid dude we all know. He is a beast. But really really stupid. No finesse or grace just muscles everywhere. I am thouroghly annoyed.
    Wow.

Somehow I feel like the effort of clicking on the http bar and typing the first letters of your homepage and then clicking on the anticipated popup is just as quick as hitting menu > homepage button. I'm not sure what to tell you. Have you tried out different browsers? Firefox? Dolphin? Maybe they have a hot button.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

opera mobile browser is awesome, highly recommended
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i know i know. I am nit picking. I like simplicity as well as innovation.

Pick Dolphin Browser, problem solved.

I'm going to chime in with another vote for Dolphin. I really liked Opera, but I love Dolphin ... Both have been better than the browser that came with the phone....
    Enjoy!

Sent from my SPH-D710
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i downloaded dolphin, and i like the look of it. Havent had much time to play around with it(at work right now). Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at dolphin before but as i am new to android i still dont trust alot of apps.

I haven't even thought to download a new broswer. Thanks for starting this thread

i downloaded dolphin, and i like the look of it. Havent had much time to play around with it(at work right now). Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at dolphin before but as i am new to android i still dont trust alot of apps.
    Um, ok I'll bite, why don't you trust alot of apps?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Accidently posted that last one twice. I am liking the dolphin browser. I still dont think there is a "home" button. i guess i will learn to let go.
    Last edited by knotsure; 01-12-2012 at 11:40 AM.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
    Um, ok I'll bite, why don't you trust alot of apps?
    I think that certain apps affect things like gps and other systems on my phone. I dont really have any proof, only my pwn theories.

Accidently posted that last one twice. I am liking the dolphin browser. I still dont think there is a "home" button. i guess i will learn to let go.
    Top left corner is a picture of a little house, that's the home button.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

it still doesnt take you straight to a homepage.
    Last edited by knotsure; 01-12-2012 at 04:00 PM.

it still doesnt take you straight to a homepage.
    Have you actually set a homepage in dolphin? Pressing that house takes you to your homepage, at least mine does.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

i have now. I was at work and didn't have time to mess around with the browser. Thanks highwayman1224

i have now. I was at work and didn't have time to mess around with the browser. Thanks highwayman1224
    You're welcome. Dolphins a great browser.

Bookmark your homepage, and then whenever you want to go to it from another web page, just scroll the page down all the way and tap the star in the upper right-hand corner to access your list of bookmarks, and then tap your homepage bookmark.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

thanks Chuck, i am aware of some of the tricks you can do to get around not having the home button. I compare it to people complaining about how the smartphones these days have extra steps (or even 1 extra step) for making a simple telephone call. I am happy to have found a browser with the homepage button, ahhhh the simple things in life. I think it is really great how many options we have for web browsers. Android does have a zillion options for everything and i can appreciate that. Perhaps i was a little harsh on android, comparing them to a big stupid muscular dude.

I cant figure out how to go from where i am to my homepage, when in the browser. Am i missing something? Really really annoyed.
    You can always make it a bookmark ... like your first bookmark.

I agree, even though there are work arounds to get to your home page, it is pretty dumb not to include a home button. Just seems like one of the basic features of a browser.

Anyway, I have tried most of the 3rd party browsers and stumbled across Maxthon Browser. This has now become my browser of choice...

Dolphin HD is the best browser. Bar. None.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

i like dolphin a lot, however it doesnt always run properly. i really like some of the features, like the gesture option is kinda cool. And it has a home button
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

iI am back to the samsung browser. I really liked dolphin browser, however it is not refined enough and there are several tiny glitches that drive me crazy. I am gonna have to live without a home button.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast