Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dialer not working correctly

Over the last week, my phones dial keypad started messing up. If I called any number with a automated system where I would need to open up the dialer to press 1,2,3 or whatever to navigate, when I would hang up, the call stayed connected.

The red "hang up" button would disappear, phone would go to home screen, but the green call in progress would be in notification bar and I could still listen to the call.

The only way to disconnect would be to shut down the phone, put it in and out of airplane mode, or pull battery.

I took the phone into sprint, dialed it up to show the tech, but after over an hour, there was nothing they could do and replaced the phone for me.

Tech said it may have been a touch screen issue locking up but I am sure it was a problem with dialer software.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Dialer not working correctly

....And the NEW phone they gave me last night is doing the same thing!!!!

Can someone else call a phone number that you need to bring the dial keypad up and
    select a extension and verify that other phones are not doing this
    as well do to a dial malfunction?

If I select 1, 2, 3... it is almost like I am holding the button down and never letting off
    and the phone call you are in can not proceed because it is locked up.

Mine goes blank randomly when I speed dial or dial from the phone book. no particular order, just random. I cannot hang up or shut off the phone unless the other person or system hangs up. Very annoying. Should I be taking it back or is there a fix out there??
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I took the new phone back in to the tech and we decided to hard reset the phone one more time.

This time I will try test calls after reinstalling each of my apps. I have most of them back in the phone now and it hasnt acted up again yet.

I will keep all posted if it does it again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So far I have most my apps back in and has been dialing fine. I still have a few more apps to go, just taking my time and trying it for a while in between installs..