Connecting to my car auxilary problem

Mandroido

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I connect my Cell to my car auxiliary port to listen to Pandora and I receive a phone call people can hear me but I don't hear them :( If I unplug it, then everything works fine. Any Ideas??

crankless

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure when the headphone jack is being used it assumes you have headphones with mic, my only guess

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post this very same thing. I absolutely HATE that this phone does this. When a call came in on my Evo I would just hit speaker phone and talk and they could hear me and I could hear them through the cars speakers.

On the SII it doesn't do that. I hate it. Hate it. I have to unplug the aux cord and then answer the phone. THEN, when I plug it back in to go back to music or whatever, the volume defaults to a middle position so I have to turn it back up on the phone.

Man I wish there was a way for it to work like it did on my Evo.

Mandroido

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is from another forum!!! so I'm not the only one :mad:

Problem with Mic when Headphone Jack Plugged in (HELLLLP)

Recently purchased a Galaxy S II on the Sprint Network. First couple of weeks I was able to plug in the headphone jack to the auxiliary port on my vehicle stereo and listen to music and make calls while using my bluetooth headset. THIS WAS AWESOME, a great handsfree environment and could make and take calls with my music resuming after the call.

For some reason "Now", when I attempt to do this I can listen to music and hear everything on he call, however it seems as though the headphone jack is "seeing" a mic, and all other Mic's are disabled. I cant even use the speaker option on the phone pad. Very frustrating.

Has anyone else encountered this, and have a solution? Any help would be appreciated. I really dont want to have to "reset" this phone.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How should it work? What it the correct way? If I have it plugged in to the aux port and am listening to music and a call comes in what should happen? Should I be able to answer the cal and hear the caller through the cars speakers and they hear me through the normal mic?

I always thought it was weird how mine worked but maybe it has been defective this whole time.

Mandroido

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How should it work? What it the correct way? If I have it plugged in to the aux port and am listening to music and a call comes in what should happen? Should I be able to answer the cal and hear the caller through the cars speakers and they hear me through the normal mic?

I always thought it was weird how mine worked but maybe it has been defective this whole time.

Normaly like every phone you can listen the music connected to the auxiliary port. Music stop after phone call come in. After hang up music continue. But it has nothing to do with the car or bluetooth. I did a test just connecting an audio cable to the phone jack of my Galaxy S2 and automatically cancel my cell speaker of the phone. People can hear me but I can NOT hear them. :mad:

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Some phones may do it differently, but I think it's pretty common for a phone to assume that if the headphone jack is plugged in you are using a headphone with a mic and route the voice that way. It would be nice if they maybe gave you an option to override that and force the phone to use the regular mic, but that's not the "normal" routing. Best bet is to buy a cable with a mic in it ... readily available and not too expensive.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine allows me to have a conversation with the caller when I have my headphone jack in use but my problem is that when the jack is in use and a call comes in and I am connected to a bluetooth headset it will not route the call the the bluetooth no matter what I do until I disconnect the headset jack. That has not been the case for every smartphone I have ever owned. Bluetooth always takes priority.

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm frustrated by this too! There are so many things I like about this phone, but it has several minor annoyances. Ugh!