Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ticojpunk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default technology... a love hate relationship

    I just got this phone! Fell in love with it...
    Now I gotta sell it and get this new 4g lte google nexus.
    Damn it!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
    I just got this phone! Fell in love with it...
    Now I gotta sell it and get this new 4g lte google nexus.
    Damn it!
    I won't be selling mine for the Galaxy Nexus. The only phone that will replace my GS2 is the GS3 and we will have more information at the end of February about the GS3.
  3. #3  
    chrisingrassia's Avatar

    Posts
    135 Posts
    ROM
    UnNamed v.2.0.1

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
    I just got this phone! Fell in love with it...
    Now I gotta sell it and get this new 4g lte google nexus.
    Damn it!
    Why do you "gotta sell it"? If you fell in love with it, I'm not quite understanding the reason for starting this thread....
  4. #4  
    Ticojpunk's Avatar
    Recordist

    Posts
    627 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Why do you "gotta sell it"? If you fell in love with it, I'm not quite understanding the reason for starting this thread....
    Attention.

    Sent via VM670
    wase4711 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    "Attention".... haha. No way.
    Just wanted to see how others felt...
    With the lack of responses, I suppose the majority is content with the GS2.
    I'm intrigued by the larger HD screen, ICS, LTE service of the new Galaxy Nexus...
    I guess the megapixel difference is the only thing making me want to keep my phone.
    My sister works for google... I'll see what she thinks
  6. #6  
    syphex's Avatar

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    I wouldn't go with the Nexus until sprint gets their LTE network going in more than 5 locations. Plus the camera's have been subpar on all the other Nexus phones and I use that a lot. The screen isn't all that much bigger or better. I think I will also wait for the GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]
  7. #7  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,514 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    If you really sell the Epic 4g Touch and buy the Galaxy Nexus just because it's the newer device then you'll be in a vicious cycle. Technology moves to fast. Technically, the Galaxy Nexus LTE is already out dated and we'll soon have quad-core devices.

    Sounds like someone needs to have a read: http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ve-phone-youre

    But in all fairness, I know what you are talking about. Just be patient and learn to enjoy the phone you have. If you can afford to purchase new phones off contract then go for it. Just don't let it put you into debt.
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Nice article...
    Will the GS2 ever get ICS? or the face unlock?
    I wouldn't be so jealous then... lol
  9. #9  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,514 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    yes, the GS2 series will get ics, but it will have touchwiz on top so you'll barely notice it. face unlock should be included as well.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
    My sister works for google... I'll see what she thinks
    Whether someone works for Google or not, it will still boil down to personal preference and a lot of opinion. Smartphone technology is rapidly evolving. By next fall something else will be out on Sprint that will be better than the Galaxy Nexus. Personally, I will be waiting to see what the GS3 brings to the table, but I'm betting the GS2 will keep me content for the full 2 years.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    I won't be selling mine for the Galaxy Nexus. The only phone that will replace my GS2 is the GS3 and we will have more information at the end of February about the GS3.
    Galaxy Note for me! Unless the rumors are true about the Note using a snapdragon cpu instead of Exynos. Hopefully Sprint steps up and keeps it the same because LTE is a joke right now with only a few cities having it so there's no way I'm getting LTE for another 3 years or more.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by shaqfearsyao View Post
    Galaxy Note for me! Unless the rumors are true about the Note using a snapdragon cpu instead of Exynos. Hopefully Sprint steps up and keeps it the same because LTE is a joke right now with only a few cities having it so there's no way I'm getting LTE for another 3 years or more.
    I read somewhere that LTE does not work with the Exynos processor, and that is why the Skyrocket comes with the Snapdragon processor.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: technology... a love hate relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    I read somewhere that LTE does not work with the Exynos processor, and that is why the Skyrocket comes with the Snapdragon processor.
    Yes, LTE doesn't work with Exynos that's why the American version is going to have the Snapdragon because it can support LTE. I'm just saying there's no reason to have LTE because the majority of people won't get it for 6months or even longer. I'm just hoping beyond hope that Sprint will wise up and just give us the Exynos international version instead of the LTE Snapdragon which would make me not want to get that phone.

Posting Permissions