Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many times have you dropped your epic?

Man I dropped my phone at least three hard falls and it kills me! I hope nothing was damaged. I had in a semi protective case that sprint store sold with the snap clip in back.. Anyone else have bad falls too?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Default Re: How many times have you dropped your epic?

One time. Luckily it was on my pile of cloth on the ground.

I dropped my phone multiple times. Once, I was in class and a hornet or a yellow Jacket landed on my shoulder while I was holding my phone. I freaked out and dropped everything and ran. Luckily I have a tpu case on so my phone is without a scratch.
    Thanked by:

Do you mean just today??? LOL
    Actually...mine has only been dropped 1 time on the pavement when my son
    was playing Angry Birds. Thankfully it only dropped 1 foot.
    Thanked by:

3 times since Oct... When I'm in the car I forget its in my lap and I hop put the car and down falls my phone to the ground sometimes under the car lol.. Had a cheap case on it so no scratches or anything
    Thanked by:

I dropped mine against the bathroom tub and no not while using the bathroom but wiping the screen I thought the worse but to my surprise no damage whew! and I had just taken out of protective case drats! but never fear you here smith is here, alls well, ends well LOL!
    Thanked by:

Dropped mine multiple times. Battery fell out. Naked phone. No problems (knock on wood)

Haven't dropped it yet and I carry it naked in my back pocket of my jeans.

Ive had a couple nightmares of dropping it
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    Thanked by:

Once. Partially broke the fall with my foot. No dings or scratches thankfully. My simple TPU case did its job.
    Thanked by:

First time today after this post jinxed me. It made a loud thud on a carpeted floor with cement underneath. Thank god it wasn't an iphone or the screen might have shattered. No issues though.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Nothing serious with this one yet - front breast pocket bending over to pick something up. A couple feet at most to a hardwood floor with a case. No worries.

Did sent my old Palm Pre down the concrete driveway in a horrible display of coordination. It fell out of something and I quickly (or so I thought) reached out to grab it and proceeded to not only miss, but fumble it out even faster. It bounced HARD twice, then bounced normally about eleventeen more times. I was nearly in tears, but amazingly the phone worked, and the screen was almost unscathed. On the other hand, the edges and back looked like they'd been eaten by a large hungry dog.
    Thanked by:

I dropped mine 10 minutes after getting it and shattered the screen. Paid $35 to get a new screen installed. Havent dropped it since. I have a case from the store but love how it feels naked.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Senseless

My son dropped mine playing Sonic CD onto a hardwood floor. About a 3 1/2 foot drop, not a scratch. I use a TPU and Invisishield.
    Thanked by:

Oh, probably 20 times or so. Most from my shirt breast pocket when bending over. Some when getting out of the car and forgetting it is sitting on my lap. Best (or worst) was when I dropped it and tried to soften the blow by catching it with my foot and kicked it ten feet across the room instead.
    This is my first personal phone, I'm used to having company provided junkers that get replaced for free when ever I break them.
    I guess I've been lucky so far, no case or anything and no damage yet....
    Thanked by:
    USAF Veteran

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

I've dropped mine three times so far. Still works great...screen is flawless. Since I keep my phone naked, I do have some very fine scratches on the glossy bump in back. The battery cover pops off and the battery has come out...No damage from the drops though.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    Once. Partially broke the fall with my foot. No dings or scratches thankfully. My simple TPU case did its job.
    I've also had a couple of drops, but no real damage. +1 on the TPU case ... seems to do a nice job of protecting things without adding a lot of bulk. I think the fact that he phone is pretty light also helps.

1st drop... on the street from about 6ft. Hit top left corner then landed face down. Thank you TPU case. I was surprised, no damage!

ROM
    Stock

I dropped it once maybe 3ft? but I had the pop case on it and surprisingly nothing happened to it at all. I'm usually so ocd about taking care of my phone, its like my baby haha.

I've dropped mine at least 10 times. Luckily i always keep it in a case. Still looks brand new.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

I drop mine regularly on a daily basis. I even dropped it from 30 feet above the Samsung booth while building it for CES this year. Parts everywhere but they all snapped back together. That one kinda surprised me because usually a cement swan dive is a death sentence but I just had the usual back battery front dispersal that I get as I said, daily. Dunno why I drop it so much. It sometimes leaps from my hand in fascinating ways.

Havent dropped it ,without my ballistic case, once

I haven't dropped a phone in over 3 years. I stay pretty self conscious about it.

I dropped it once at work onto a carpeted floor, no damage. Almost dropped it many, many times. I used to carry it around naked because I hate the bulk a case adds, but this phone can be slippery, especially on the sides. I also feared others dropping it when handing it to them to look at a pic if they weren't used to it. So I relented and now use the the hard black case with the metal kickstand in the back.

Just cracked my screen getting the phone replaced for $100. Then again, it was about a 4 foot drop on to concrete... face first... poor thing. Looks like cases and screen protectors on my next one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast