EL29 Source is available!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, for those of you that need the EL29 source code directly from Samsung, here is a link to their open source website, Just go to the Mobile section, you do not need to be a member or login to get these files (if I remember correctly, but anyone can get them free of charge) there is a bit of a delay after you click on Mobile because it's in the process of building a big list of files to offer you. Once that displays, go to the search bar (you will see their custom search bar) and type in 'SPH-D710' (which is the model of our phone on Sprint),

You will get a list of the source code files, even the older versions.

I believe everyone should download these source code files, so at least you have a stock rom handy.

Hope this helps everyone.

https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp

Good Luck!

Rob

PS These files are not the same as the files we have been talking about here that I am trying to get working before the official upgrade. The custom roms that I am trying to get install here have root turned on by default. So the link I just provided is of a virgin rom. Nothing was touched!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
As for the mods you made as long as you can reverse them or restore a backup via that app you should be fine.

Did you remove any stock applications?

Hi dtm,

OK, I have the two code files from the xda link you provided.

I'm a little confused now?

Do I really need to remove everything I did even the clockwork mod?

Can I just install those source packages (you said use the one that does not copy the data).

This file name: SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx

Or do I need to undo everything that I did, those few custom items and remove clockwork first?

Thanks!

Rob

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, for those of you that need the EL29 source code directly from Samsung, here is a link to their open source website, Just go to the Mobile section, you do not need to be a member or login to get these files (if I remember correctly, but anyone can get them free of charge) there is a bit of a delay after you click on Mobile because it's in the process of building a big list of files to offer you. Once that displays, go to the search bar (you will see their custom search bar) and type in 'SPH-D710' (which is the model of our phone on Sprint),

You will get a list of the source code files, even the older versions.

I believe everyone should download these source code files, so at least you have a stock rom handy.

Hope this helps everyone.

https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp

Good Luck!

Rob

PS These files are not the same as the files we have been talking about here that I am trying to get working before the official upgrade. The custom roms that I am trying to get install here have root turned on by default. So the link I just provided is of a virgin rom. Nothing was touched!

Just a heads up the files you have link to are the source downloads for building the ROM/Kernel in Linux. This is more for developers who want access to the source code/files. This is not what you want to update with.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi dtm,

OK, I have the two code files from the xda link you provided.

I'm a little confused now?

Do I really need to remove everything I did even the clockwork mod?

Can I just install those source packages (you said use the one that does not copy the data).

This file name: SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx

Or do I need to undo everything that I did, those few custom items and remove clockwork first?

Thanks!

Rob

You do not need to undo what you have already done, this process will overwrite the changes you have made. As long as you chose the package that says "Preserve user data" you will retain all your applications and data associated with those applications.

This process will retain superuser and allow continued use of Titanium back up and rom toolbox. BUT those changes you made with Rom Toolbox (Changes to the Battery Icon) will be reversed to stock.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
You do not need to undo what you have already done.

I can't believe I haven't had the time to do the update.

I'm going to try tonight after walking the dog.

It seems now I'm being annoyed with the OTA message about being ready to do the update. I keep saying I'll do it later.

I better get this done soon, because one day, I'm going to accidentally hit 'Install Now' and have a big mess on my hands.

Thanks again!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
dtm,

Well I finally managed to get it done.

I had an issue at first where it did not see the phone after I launched ODIN. It seemed like it was working.

I re-read the docs on the website, and I re-launched the app in Administrator mode and also unplugged the phone and replugged the USB cable back in and that did the trick.

I can't believe how easy it was in the long run, as it did seem a bit like running a WebOS factory reinstall.

I still have a ton of questions to get real comfortable with all of this but that can wait.

Right now I do have one question.

My phone seems to be running slow to respond to my touches on the screen..

I did check and I am on EL29, so I know the upgrade went OK. I tested making a phone call so that works.

But everything seems to be a little quirky and running slow.

Any thoughts?

Rob

PS Maybe a second reboot might help, it just might be fixing itself for all the changes.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
dtm,

Well I finally managed to get it done.

I had an issue at first where it did not see the phone after I launched ODIN. It seemed like it was working.

I re-read the docs on the website, and I re-launched the app in Administrator mode and also unplugged the phone and replugged the USB cable back in and that did the trick.

I can't believe how easy it was in the long run, as it did seem a bit like running a WebOS factory reinstall.

I still have a ton of questions to get real comfortable with all of this but that can wait.

Right now I do have one question.

My phone seems to be running slow to respond to my touches on the screen..

I did check and I am on EL29, so I know the upgrade went OK. I tested making a phone call so that works.

But everything seems to be a little quirky and running slow.

Any thoughts?

Rob

PS Maybe a second reboot might help, it just might be fixing itself for all the changes.

Just a couple of questions,

Are you running stock + root or a custom rom?

Did you install clockworkmod?

If you are stock+ root + clockworkmod then go ahead and wipe cache and dalvik cache. That might speed things up. The first reboot will take longer after a wipe.

If you are stock + root but no clockworkmod, I would start checking out if there were apps unnecessarily running in the background plus a restart.

If you installed a custom rom or kernel then you might just need to tweak it a little.

Oh and congratulations on making it through the process!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of questions,

Are you running stock + root or a custom rom?

Did you install clockworkmod?

If you are stock+ root + clockworkmod then go ahead and wipe cache and dalvik cache. That might speed things up. The first reboot will take longer after a wipe.

If you are stock + root but no clockworkmod, I would start checking out if there were apps unnecessarily running in the background plus a restart.

If you installed a custom rom or kernel then you might just need to tweak it a little.

Oh and congratulations on making it through the process!

Dtm.

I'm going to need your help here.

When I reboot with power + volume up, I am not getting that clockwork stuff.

I installed the stock nodata, which you said would get me stock + superuser.

That's what I got.

I ran system tuner products and it said it had superuser.

I ran another app that needed root and it complained that it did not have root access.

Also, since I had install the beta swype keyboard, swype no longer works, so I need to root to get that installed again.

I have run all day and the only problem other than swype is this horrible slow down and lack of response to the touchscreen. It takes the touch, but it very slow to respond to the touch.

I did wipe the cache when I had it in developer mode (power + volume up) that was the 3rd choice of only 3. The 3 were reboot, factory install, wipe cache. I believe that was all the choices.

No clockwork.

I need to try this dalvic cache, not sure how to do that. Hopefully I will figure it out without needing your help.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking since I did have at least one app that required root (Swype) maybe I have a few others that I'm not realizing and that is what is causing the slow down.

Maybe I should get it rooted again and put back the clockwork thing.

Let's face it, I would love not to have do a full factory restore, ugh!

So with your help, if I can find out what is going on, than maybe I can fix this problem and be ok.

I read the other E29 threads and people are complaining so much, that a few are getting their phones replaced!

Wow is E29 that bad? Maybe I should go back to E02 and be happy with that. Heck, I can't wait for Ice Cream Sandwich (I did say it correctly for 4.0?). My friend has a Nexus (the new one) and it's nice.

To make things worse today, I washed my pants and while the wash was going I was hearing a banging noise. It turned out to be my 2 spare batteries that I had that small pocket in that you have in dungarees. So now I have 2 batteries that have that white paper is now purple.

I had washed one of the batteries once before and it worked in the end, but I had purchased a new spare battery to be safe.

So now bother got washed this time!

Letting them dry out for a day or two then I will attempt to recharge.

Thanks again!

Rob

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I just did the wipe of both caches again. System Tuner Pro had an option to wipe both caches.

Since I had wiped the regular cache first, and now this dalvik cache, it must have been the dalvik cache causing the issue.

The phone is working great now, at least that's what it looks like from just a minute of usage.

Thanks.. what the heck is the dalvik cache. I'm going to read those Android Central help items. I get them everyday in my Newsroom app for the Android Central RSS feed. I think they explained what dalvik cache is.

Ok, now I think I will still get the phone rooted again. And put back the clockwork. Is that a good idea?

Do you think I can use that ROM Toolbox app that I have or is it Rom Manger app. I have both. Would they be easier?

Rob

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Dtm.

I'm going to need your help here.

When I reboot with power + volume up, I am not getting that clockwork stuff.

I installed the stock nodata, which you said would get me stock + superuser.

That's what I got.

I ran system tuner products and it said it had superuser.

I ran another app that needed root and it complained that it did not have root access.

Also, since I had install the beta swype keyboard, swype no longer works, so I need to root to get that installed again.

I have run all day and the only problem other than swype is this horrible slow down and lack of response to the touchscreen. It takes the touch, but it very slow to respond to the touch.

I did wipe the cache when I had it in developer mode (power + volume up) that was the 3rd choice of only 3. The 3 were reboot, factory install, wipe cache. I believe that was all the choices.

No clockwork.

I need to try this dalvic cache, not sure how to do that. Hopefully I will figure it out without needing your help.

Wow, I just did the wipe of both caches again. System Tuner Pro had an option to wipe both caches.

Since I had wiped the regular cache first, and now this dalvik cache, it must have been the dalvik cache causing the issue.

The phone is working great now, at least that's what it looks like from just a minute of usage.

Thanks.. what the heck is the dalvik cache. I'm going to read those Android Central help items. I get them everyday in my Newsroom app for the Android Central RSS feed. I think they explained what dalvik cache is.

Ok, now I think I will still get the phone rooted again. And put back the clockwork. Is that a good idea?

Do you think I can use that ROM Toolbox app that I have or is it Rom Manger app. I have both. Would they be easier?

Rob

I was just thinking since I did have at least one app that required root (Swype) maybe I have a few others that I'm not realizing and that is what is causing the slow down.

Maybe I should get it rooted again and put back the clockwork thing.

Let's face it, I would love not to have do a full factory restore, ugh!

So with your help, if I can find out what is going on, than maybe I can fix this problem and be ok.

I read the other E29 threads and people are complaining so much, that a few are getting their phones replaced!

Wow is E29 that bad? Maybe I should go back to E02 and be happy with that. Heck, I can't wait for Ice Cream Sandwich (I did say it correctly for 4.0?). My friend has a Nexus (the new one) and it's nice.

To make things worse today, I washed my pants and while the wash was going I was hearing a banging noise. It turned out to be my 2 spare batteries that I had that small pocket in that you have in dungarees. So now I have 2 batteries that have that white paper is now purple.

I had washed one of the batteries once before and it worked in the end, but I had purchased a new spare battery to be safe.

So now bother got washed this time!

Letting them dry out for a day or two then I will attempt to recharge.

Thanks again!

Rob

Alright, let me see if I can this all cleared up.

First please remove rom manager as it doesn't properly work with our phones despite what the app may say.

-I don't use rom toolbox so I am not hugely familiar with it, the only app I use really to manage backups in Mybackup Pro. I have also not heard a lot about Epic 4g Touch users, using that app so I would be careful using it. Same thing goes for System Tuner Pro be careful using it.

-No need to install clockworkmod unless you want to install a custom rom/kernel/ or theme; which maybe the case later but I don't think you need it. The reason you only had 3 options before was because you were in the stock recovery.

-If you are still lagging or having unresponsiveness, why not just re-odin the package again? It preserves your data so it doesn't hurt anything. If swype is still giving you problems try going into settings>applications>manage applications>swype then clearing data and cache. If that doesn't work uninstall again and try reinstalling the beta.

- As for dalvik cache, I think the AC article can explain it much better than I can. I just know it is a feature of android that makes it unique to linux based operating systems.

- Sorry to hear about your batteries.

- I don't think EL29 is that bad, fixed the GPS for me. Plus I run a custom rom/kernel/theme so most of the issues stock user see are fixed by the developers of the custom roms.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright, let me see if I can this all cleared up.

First please remove rom manager as it doesn't properly work with our phones despite what the app may say.

-I don't use rom toolbox so I am not hugely familiar with it, the only app I use really to manage backups in Mybackup Pro. I have also not heard a lot about Epic 4g Touch users, using that app so I would be careful using it. Same thing goes for System Tuner Pro be careful using it.

-No need to install clockworkmod unless you want to install a custom rom/kernel/ or theme; which maybe the case later but I don't think you need it. The reason you only had 3 options before was because you were in the stock recovery.

-If you are still lagging or having unresponsiveness, why not just re-odin the package again? It preserves your data so it doesn't hurt anything. If swype is still giving you problems try going into settings>applications>manage applications>swype then clearing data and cache. If that doesn't work uninstall again and try reinstalling the beta.

- As for dalvik cache, I think the AC article can explain it much better than I can. I just know it is a feature of android that makes it unique to linux based operating systems.

- Sorry to hear about your batteries.

- I don't think EL29 is that bad, fixed the GPS for me. Plus I run a custom rom/kernel/theme so most of the issues stock user see are fixed by the developers of the custom roms.

So far the cleaning up if the both caches fixed the issues.

I'm trying to see if anyone posted a list of all the changes.

So far I'm OK, I.guess I don't care about wallpapers.

I do want to modify my notification bar.

I like having colored icons for the battery and signals.

I miss having 'patches' like we had with WebOS. I wanted a different battery icon I just ran a 'patch'.

I'm still not sure what a system mod does to your phone.

I'm happy with Touchwiz. I have purchased a few of the launchers but they always seem to slow down the system.

Rob

Last edited:

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So far the cleaning up if the both caches fixed the issues.

I'm trying to see if anyone posted a list of all the changes.

So far I'm OK, I.guess I don't care about wallpapers.

I do want to modify my notification bar.

I like having colored icons for the battery and signals.

I miss having 'patches' like we had with WebOS. I wanted a different battery icon I just ran a 'patch'.

I'm still not sure what a system mod does to your phone.

I'm happy with Touchwiz. I have purchased a few of the launchers but they always seem to slow down the system.

Rob

What system mod are you talking about?

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What system mod are you talking about?

NOTE: Please read this message and the 2 other messages I posted after this one before replying to my questions. I have found an answer to the root problem.

I think I'm stuck again.

I ran an app that need the system to be rooted.

I thought that the version of upgrade I used was the EL29 rooted and su?

Here is the file name I used: SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

From what I read, this is stock rom with root (I guess superuser as well, but I do have superuser so I'm ok with that, just not the root part). And it also kept my data. And it did that perfectly.

You helped me fix the slow problem, which I did by clearing all the caches.

So now I am wondering why I can access root with an app?

Is there anyway to tell if I am really not rooted. And if I used the rooted version how come it never rooted?

I know you said if all fails, I should try and perform the operation again. But I won't do that until we (you) really think I should.

Another thing, when looking around for an answer, I discovered that over at xda, they now have an EL30 (and possibly an EL31), do you know what that is all about. Maybe since I'm in the process of doing all this work, I should just go and try that?

As far as your question: which system mods, I was making a general statement to gain knowledge of what Android system mods are all about. If you are familiar with WebOS, you know that we never had a different ROM, we always adjusted or modified the stock ROM. If you got into trouble, you just re-wrote the whole device and you were back to normal stock.

Oh, yes, there is one area where we would have a different ROM, that would be the overclocking. That is the only thing that was changed from the stock rom, it would just be a modified ROM that handled the overclocking. I personally took my 500mhz Palm Pre and ran it at 1 mhz. And yes it really worked and made the phone fast. And no, it did not burn up the phone. But I was a heavy into patching the phone.

So when talking about how Android works, I am always trying to compare things to WebOS as a base. That is why I don't understand what system mods do. Such as Clockwork, Cynmode (whatever the spelling is for that, but you know what I am talking about). I don't know what they bring to the table. If they just give me a different launcher, I don't need or want them. I hear people talking about how they like this mod or that mod. It hard for me to picture (remember I am comparing to WebOS and how that worked for a reference) what the differences are that they are getting.

From my point of view, I want to play around with the stock rom and adjust it to how I like. Then if I don't like what I did, I would restore it back to the factory rom, just like I did in WebOS.

Or am I misunderstanding all of this? And maybe you don't play around with the system mod (whoops, yes, I see which system mod) I should have said the stock mod, in this paragraph.

Back to the root question? What can I try to fix that.

Also, in a previous message I you that when I do boot into (for lack of better words) developer mod. I don't have things like 'backup' system rom or restore system rom. What that because that was due to having Clockwork installed? I did like having some of those features on there.

Oh one more thing before this becomes a book.

I found an app called: Super Status Bar. I think that will provide me with what I wanted to modify without having to play around in superuser or root.

I am find an app (haven't figured out which one) that is placing advertisements in my notification bar area and if I accidentally click on it, its taking me to a web page via a my Dolphin Browser (my default browser) for an ad that I won an iPad. So it's crap or some sort.

The icon looks like a red star surrounded by a white circle. Have you even seen that?

As I said, I'm look for which app is causing that and want to remove it. It could have been this new Super Status Bar, I have not yet purchase the 'premium version'. I deleted it for now and not sure if the ads are now gone or not, haven't used the phone that much yet after that deletion.

OK, I'm going on way too much.

Thanks for you help as always!

Rob

Last edited:

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
One more thing.. as always... LOL!

I have both Titanium Backup Pro and have My Backup Pro (the paid premium versions).

Along with that I have Titanium Root plus Titanium Media Sync (don't really need that) and My Backup Pro Root.

From what I see, Titanium Back Pro has a ton more features. What I like is they have these 'scripts' to perform tasks that most of us would want.

Rob

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh and after all of that. I accidentally went into the Superuser app and saw that the app in question was being 'denied'. I removed it from being denied and it worked. So I do have root after all.

I need some clarification on what 'freezing' and app does? I've never heard of that expression before and don't really know what it does and if I should be using it or when to use it.

Thanks.. I'm off to modify my original message so you don't have to waste time answering it only to discover that I found my answer for part of that message.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
NOTE: Please read this message and the 2 other messages I posted after this one before replying to my questions. I have found an answer to the root problem.

I think I'm stuck again.

I ran an app that need the system to be rooted.

I thought that the version of upgrade I used was the EL29 rooted and su?

Here is the file name I used: SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED_NODATA-OneClick.exe

From what I read, this is stock rom with root (I guess superuser as well, but I do have superuser so I'm ok with that, just not the root part). And it also kept my data. And it did that perfectly.

You helped me fix the slow problem, which I did by clearing all the caches.

So now I am wondering why I can access root with an app?

Is there anyway to tell if I am really not rooted. And if I used the rooted version how come it never rooted?

I know you said if all fails, I should try and perform the operation again. But I won't do that until we (you) really think I should.

Another thing, when looking around for an answer, I discovered that over at xda, they now have an EL30 (and possibly an EL31), do you know what that is all about. Maybe since I'm in the process of doing all this work, I should just go and try that?

As far as your question: which system mods, I was making a general statement to gain knowledge of what Android system mods are all about. If you are familiar with WebOS, you know that we never had a different ROM, we always adjusted or modified the stock ROM. If you got into trouble, you just re-wrote the whole device and you were back to normal stock.

Oh, yes, there is one area where we would have a different ROM, that would be the overclocking. That is the only thing that was changed from the stock rom, it would just be a modified ROM that handled the overclocking. I personally took my 500mhz Palm Pre and ran it at 1 mhz. And yes it really worked and made the phone fast. And no, it did not burn up the phone. But I was a heavy into patching the phone.

So when talking about how Android works, I am always trying to compare things to WebOS as a base. That is why I don't understand what system mods do. Such as Clockwork, Cynmode (whatever the spelling is for that, but you know what I am talking about). I don't know what they bring to the table. If they just give me a different launcher, I don't need or want them. I hear people talking about how they like this mod or that mod. It hard for me to picture (remember I am comparing to WebOS and how that worked for a reference) what the differences are that they are getting.

From my point of view, I want to play around with the stock rom and adjust it to how I like. Then if I don't like what I did, I would restore it back to the factory rom, just like I did in WebOS.

Or am I misunderstanding all of this? And maybe you don't play around with the system mod (whoops, yes, I see which system mod) I should have said the stock mod, in this paragraph.

Back to the root question? What can I try to fix that.

Also, in a previous message I you that when I do boot into (for lack of better words) developer mod. I don't have things like 'backup' system rom or restore system rom. What that because that was due to having Clockwork installed? I did like having some of those features on there.

Oh one more thing before this becomes a book.

I found an app called: Super Status Bar. I think that will provide me with what I wanted to modify without having to play around in superuser or root.

I am find an app (haven't figured out which one) that is placing advertisements in my notification bar area and if I accidentally click on it, its taking me to a web page via a my Dolphin Browser (my default browser) for an ad that I won an iPad. So it's crap or some sort.

The icon looks like a red star surrounded by a white circle. Have you even seen that?

As I said, I'm look for which app is causing that and want to remove it. It could have been this new Super Status Bar, I have not yet purchase the 'premium version'. I deleted it for now and not sure if the ads are now gone or not, haven't used the phone that much yet after that deletion.

OK, I'm going on way too much.

Thanks for you help as always!

Rob

SO you have established that you have root, so no need to worry about that.

The stuff you were reading about was not for the Epic 4g Touch it was for the Epic 4g, which is a completely different forum. Here is a link to the proper forum: Samsung Epic 4G Touch - xda-developers

Sfhub has posted methods on how to get back to stock which involve similar methods to what you used to get to EL29.

Clockworkmod is a custom recovery used to replace the stock recovery. When you reboot and hold Vol up + power you will reboot into your recovery. When in your recovery it will be apparent which recovery you have because the clockworkmod says it and has many more options.

As for the apps just be careful and read the reviews, there is no filter or review process for android apps.

Oh and after all of that. I accidentally went into the Superuser app and saw that the app in question was being 'denied'. I removed it from being denied and it worked. So I do have root after all.

I need some clarification on what 'freezing' and app does? I've never heard of that expression before and don't really know what it does and if I should be using it or when to use it.

Thanks.. I'm off to modify my original message so you don't have to waste time answering it only to discover that I found my answer for part of that message.

Freezing an apps removes the ability for that app to start up, therefor it won't be a battery/resource hog. This is particularly useful if you are stock and want to maintain stock but want to free up your ram and battery. This still maintains your flexibility to apply an over the air update of the android firmware once you have unfrozen the app.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
SO you have established that you have root, so no need to worry about that.

The stuff you were reading about was not for the Epic 4g Touch it was for the Epic 4g, which is a completely different forum. Here is a link to the proper forum: Samsung Epic 4G Touch - xda-developers

Sfhub has posted methods on how to get back to stock which involve similar methods to what you used to get to EL29.

Clockworkmod is a custom recovery used to replace the stock recovery. When you reboot and hold Vol up + power you will reboot into your recovery. When in your recovery it will be apparent which recovery you have because the clockworkmod says it and has many more options.

As for the apps just be careful and read the reviews, there is no filter or review process for android apps.

Freezing an apps removes the ability for that app to start up, therefor it won't be a battery/resource hog. This is particularly useful if you are stock and want to maintain stock but want to free up your ram and battery. This still maintains your flexibility to apply an over the air update of the android firmware once you have unfrozen the app.

So clockwork is not really a custom system ROM, it's just a full feature boot recovery mechanism.

As I said, I liked it back it had the backup/restore function.

So clockwork can work with the stock ROM which is what I have now.

That would be all I want.

Great, thanks, I can find out how to do that on my own I think.

I want to stop bothering you.

Also, that AD keeps popping up.

I did describe it backwards.

A a red dot with a white star wrapped around the red dot shows up in the status bar. A link to the AD is in the notification drop down.

Could the EL29 ROM now look for ads?

I'm determine to get rid of these ads.

Rob

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So clockwork is not really a custom system ROM, it's just a full feature boot recovery mechanism.

As I said, I liked it back it had the backup/restore function.

So clockwork can work with the stock ROM which is what I have now.

That would be all I want.

Great, thanks, I can find out how to do that on my own I think.

I want to stop bothering you.

Also, that AD keeps popping up.

I did describe it backwards.

A a red dot with a white star wrapped around the red dot shows up in the status bar. A link to the AD is in the notification drop down.

Could the EL29 ROM now look for ads?

I'm determine to get rid of these ads.

Rob

Honestly, I have no idea what app that could be. Have you tried installing the ad blocker from the market?