Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: How to get text messaging working on Ford Sync

I think my problem is, that I need to update my sync software in order for it to work.

I have a Forid Fiesta 2013 and an LG Spectrum. Anyone know how to get that working?

Does not work with Samsung Captivate. You get "not supported" message on 12 Escape. Has anyone tried Galaxy S3?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    Stock

I have a 2012 Ford Mustang and just got the Galaxy S3. It works perfectly, just like the Galaxy S2 did. Couldn't get the Galaxy Nexus to work, which is why I sold the Nexus and went to the S3.

Hey I am not sure if this a droid phone or what this would be my 1st smart phone but I was looking at the HTC one s from T-mobile has anyone had luck syncing that to 2010. I have a fusion. Or the other phone I was looking at was the Galaxy blaze by t-mobile. I really want to enjoy the Text feature. Thank You guys I appreciate the help!

Quote Originally Posted by antimatter81 View Post
    Hey I am not sure if this a droid phone or what this would be my 1st smart phone but I was looking at the HTC one s from T-mobile has anyone had luck syncing that to 2010. I have a fusion. Or the other phone I was looking at was the Galaxy blaze by t-mobile. I really want to enjoy the Text feature. Thank You guys I appreciate the help!
    Best I can tell you is that the text feature does not work with the Incredible nor the G3 in my 2010 Fusion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixMan View Post
    Best I can tell you is that the text feature does not work with the Incredible nor the G3 in my 2010 Fusion.

Same issue with my S3 and 2010 Fusion. I tried to update sync but it said there was no update. I can't even get S-voice to play thru Sync. At least on the iPhone Siri would work through the Sync system.

Hi Everyone. I know im a bit late but I just got the GS3 yesterday. I have a 2011 Expedition with the touch screen Nav from a 2010 Ford F-150. I wanted the touch screen nav system but I wanted the controls on my steering wheel to work with it so I went factory. After a little over an hour, a lot of prayer and a bit of cussing... maybe not in that order... I got it to work. I hope this is able to help other with problems they might be facing. My method was a bit extreme but it did work. Models my differ.

I have to give credit to the person that detail the basic instructions of going to "MAP Profile & TXT Notification". I followed his model and I do believe it kept me in the right direction.

The 1st thing I did was reset my phone to factory. Make sure you back up your txt and contact etc. On your nav system, delete your existing GS3 phone. Then I reset my radio in my SUV. I found the reset under the advanced button under phone setting. Actually, for my model nav system, EVERYTHING was under the advanced button under phone settings. Im not yelling everything to be a **** about the location. Like i said, models are different. I want others to know that have the model I have not to look at the system settings but to go to the phone settings. Ok, back to the reset. choose the "Master Reset" from here. I will say that after every step, cause i wanted to make sure it worked. I did fully power down my truck radio and power it back on. I don't know if it helped but in the end, the TXT works. After the reset is done. I set my accounts back up on my cell phone. Until you are finished with the Nav setup, I would suggest that you don't click the "do not show this again" option on your phone for the notifications that pop up. Reason being, I probably would have been finished a long time ago if that wasn't checked on the message showing that my sync wanted to access my phone's messages. Go figure After you set your acccounts are back on your phone it fun time. Im also going to make this a little easier to read

Click on Phone (on your Nav System console)
    Press Settings
    Press Add
    Pair your phone (find sync and enter the numbers in)
    Make sure to allow everything but don't don't click the check marks not to show this again on your phone
    Once phone is paired and connected. look back at your nav console.
    go to advanced button under phone settings and make sure Map Profile and text message notification are both on.
    If these are both on and you did get a chance to actually read the pop up on your phone and one of them said that sync is trying to access your phone's messages then this should now work for you. To check it. I did a preprogrammed text "Call me" to my own phone using the number pad and typed in my number. After having the phone for a week and basically writing it off as not working, I was happy to receive the text message. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Is that a Gen 1 Sync system? I have a 2010 Fusion w/of Nav, wondering if it's the same

i have the ford sync in my f150 platinum the voice activated nav system but there is no Map Profile in the system settings menu all that is there is language units keyboard layout delete stored items and restore factory default settings i accessed the systems settings via the menu key any thing i can do differently?

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob1 View Post
    Is that a Gen 1 Sync system? I have a 2010 Fusion w/of Nav, wondering if it's the same
    Tried a couple of times, and I could not get it to work in my 2010 Fusion with sync (no nav).

I just uncovered another problem. If bluetooth is connected, voice navigation will not work. when i turn bt off, everything is fine

Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob1 View Post
    I just uncovered another problem. If bluetooth is connected, voice navigation will not work. when i turn bt off, everything is fine
    That I may be able to help you with. Click on the bluetooth gear under settings>bluetooth. The unchecked media audio. With media audio on navigation is sent to the radio, but only if you are streaming from your phone. It took me a while to figure that one out. Sometimes I do turn on media, start music to stream, and then turn on nav. Songs will automatically lower and turn by turn plays through speakers - it's pretty cool.

Oh I thought your Tigers were going to take the series, but it does not look very good right now.

Thanked by:

Thanks! That works perfect for me as I keep an old ipod in the car for music. Now, if we can only get testing and S Voice to go thru sync

Hoping to make history with a 4 game sweep

I just got a 2012 Ford Focus with my ford touch. It will handle my husband's Droid 2 for text messages, but not my GNEX. I have followed several of the suggestions, but my display does not show "advanced" settings or anything for MAP. The dealer said the sync system had been updated to 2013, so my manual doesn't even cover the system accurately. Any suggestions?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    Stock

The Galaxy Nexus will not work. The Galaxy S2 and S3 work perfectly.

-- Sent from my Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    The Galaxy Nexus will not work. The Galaxy S2 and S3 work perfectly.

-- Sent from my Galaxy S3
    HI there
    I have Ford Focus 2012 and Galaxy S2. Phonebook syncs, text messages sync however they all show as coming from "000000" instead of the contact name or phone number. I cannot reply to any of these messages, when trying the car shows that it's sent however it shows as a failed message on the phone.

Any ideas? I'm not running the stock launcher (using GoLauncher) and my contacts are set up via gmail. wondering if either of these may be cause.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

This is a current bug with the Sync system. They are supposedly working on a fix and that will come with a Sync update. It has nothing to do with your phone. All messages appear that they are coming from yourself and have a really old goofy date.

Worked perfectly for my verizon galaxy S3 and 2012 ford escape. Thanks. It just worked with my moto droid X2 and droid3. I was going to be super bummed if it didn't work with the GS3.

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer with Sync touchscreen no nav. and I can not get my S3 to receive text messages. MY Sync does not have the MAP profile nor does it have Advance options. Any assistance with this would be great.

Ashton

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer with Sync touchscreen no nav. and I can not get my S3 to receive text messages. MY Sync does not have the MAP profile nor does it have Advance options. Any assistance with this would be great.

Ashton

- - - Updated - - -

Ashton

My Droid DNA and 2012 Ford Edge combination doesn't work. It pairs like it should, doesnt pop an error, but doesn't work.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    -There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... right beside the baked potato....

Shouldn't this be under a different heading? It doesn't seem to apply only to the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

I just got Sync text messages working with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus in my 2013 Taurus SHO. I have the touch screen, but no nav.

To make it work, I had to root my phone and install CM10. CM10.1 did not work. AOKP did not work.

Once CM10 was installed, everything worked as it should. No settings to change on the phone or in the car... it just worked.

Can you explain a little clearer. Sorry, I just want to make sure I understand. Do the call and media boxes have to be checked?

"That I may be able to help you with. Click on the bluetooth gear under settings>bluetooth. The unchecked media audio. With media audio on navigation is sent to the radio, but only if you are streaming from your phone. It took me a while to figure that one out. Sometimes I do turn on media, start music to stream, and then turn on nav. Songs will automatically lower and turn by turn plays through speakers - it's pretty cool."

I had the same issue described here. Using Sync 3.5.1 (4.29.12285) with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Adroid 4.1.1), I received the error message "the currently selected phone does not support text messaging via bluetooth".

Here are the steps that I used to get it working...
    1. Turn off Bluetooth on the S3
    2. If the vehicle is on, wait for the phone to be disconnected from the vehicle
    3. If not already on, turn on the vehicle ignition
    4. Turn on Bluetooth on the S3
    5. As soon as Sync is paired, the phone will have a security request that I only found by accessing the pull down menu
    6. Pull down the menu on the S3 and it will indicate there is a Map Request, do you want to allow Sync access
    7. Select the Enable checkbox to not be reminded again and press OK
    8. To test it, dial *DATA# on your phone and wait for a text to arrive
    9. When the text arrives, the vehicle will play an alert and indicate a message is available
    10. Press OK to Listen
    11. Voila!!!

The main issue is that the Map Request occurs when the phone is paired and you need to allow Sync permission to access the phone text messaging before the request disappears.

I hope this helps others.
    maryinredding likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast