How to get text messaging working on Ford Sync

bct

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
and if anyone runs into problems with responding to incoming texts and they go to your phone instead of original sender, see Owner to Owner
Documented problem with 4.1.3. They are looking into it

thesmj

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Running Gen 1 Sync v3.1 here on a 2010 Focus. MAP option is not in any settings menu, however I swear I've seen it in there before...

rpankoe

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
2010 Ford Escape and an Epic 4G. Can't get it working. I have no Map option under system settings. Only thing remotely related is the text message option under phone settings, but that just says unsupported.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
2010 Ford Escape and an Epic 4G. Can't get it working. I have no Map option under system settings. Only thing remotely related is the text message option under phone settings, but that just says unsupported.

Yeah, that's what I get too. Guess it just ain't gonna happen for me.,,

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I installed the stock messenger app from the play store and now my SYNC reads my messages on my 2012 explorer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nonie

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2012 Ford Mustang and just got the Galaxy S3. It works perfectly, just like the Galaxy S2 did. Couldn't get the Galaxy Nexus to work, which is why I sold the Nexus and went to the S3.

antimatter81

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey I am not sure if this a droid phone or what this would be my 1st smart phone but I was looking at the HTC one s from T-mobile has anyone had luck syncing that to 2010. I have a fusion. Or the other phone I was looking at was the Galaxy blaze by t-mobile. I really want to enjoy the Text feature. Thank You guys I appreciate the help!

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am not sure if this a droid phone or what this would be my 1st smart phone but I was looking at the HTC one s from T-mobile has anyone had luck syncing that to 2010. I have a fusion. Or the other phone I was looking at was the Galaxy blaze by t-mobile. I really want to enjoy the Text feature. Thank You guys I appreciate the help!

Best I can tell you is that the text feature does not work with the Incredible nor the G3 in my 2010 Fusion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Best I can tell you is that the text feature does not work with the Incredible nor the G3 in my 2010 Fusion.

Same issue with my S3 and 2010 Fusion. I tried to update sync but it said there was no update. I can't even get S-voice to play thru Sync. At least on the iPhone Siri would work through the Sync system.

arlinto

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I know im a bit late but I just got the GS3 yesterday. I have a 2011 Expedition with the touch screen Nav from a 2010 Ford F-150. I wanted the touch screen nav system but I wanted the controls on my steering wheel to work with it so I went factory. After a little over an hour, a lot of prayer and a bit of cussing... maybe not in that order... I got it to work. I hope this is able to help other with problems they might be facing. My method was a bit extreme but it did work. Models my differ.

I have to give credit to the person that detail the basic instructions of going to "MAP Profile & TXT Notification". I followed his model and I do believe it kept me in the right direction.

The 1st thing I did was reset my phone to factory. Make sure you back up your txt and contact etc. On your nav system, delete your existing GS3 phone. Then I reset my radio in my SUV. I found the reset under the advanced button under phone setting. Actually, for my model nav system, EVERYTHING was under the advanced button under phone settings. Im not yelling everything to be a butt about the location. Like i said, models are different. I want others to know that have the model I have not to look at the system settings but to go to the phone settings. Ok, back to the reset. choose the "Master Reset" from here. I will say that after every step, cause i wanted to make sure it worked. I did fully power down my truck radio and power it back on. I don't know if it helped but in the end, the TXT works. After the reset is done. I set my accounts back up on my cell phone. Until you are finished with the Nav setup, I would suggest that you don't click the "do not show this again" option on your phone for the notifications that pop up. Reason being, I probably would have been finished a long time ago if that wasn't checked on the message showing that my sync wanted to access my phone's messages. Go figure :) After you set your acccounts are back on your phone it fun time. Im also going to make this a little easier to read

Click on Phone (on your Nav System console)
Press Settings
Press Add
Pair your phone (find sync and enter the numbers in)
Make sure to allow everything but don't don't click the check marks not to show this again on your phone
Once phone is paired and connected. look back at your nav console.
go to advanced button under phone settings and make sure Map Profile and text message notification are both on.
If these are both on and you did get a chance to actually read the pop up on your phone and one of them said that sync is trying to access your phone's messages then this should now work for you. To check it. I did a preprogrammed text "Call me" to my own phone using the number pad and typed in my number. After having the phone for a week and basically writing it off as not working, I was happy to receive the text message. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

gr8texasboy

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
i have the ford sync in my f150 platinum the voice activated nav system but there is no Map Profile in the system settings menu all that is there is language units keyboard layout delete stored items and restore factory default settings i accessed the systems settings via the menu key any thing i can do differently?

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just uncovered another problem. If bluetooth is connected, voice navigation will not work. when i turn bt off, everything is fine

That I may be able to help you with. Click on the bluetooth gear under settings>bluetooth. The unchecked media audio. With media audio on navigation is sent to the radio, but only if you are streaming from your phone. It took me a while to figure that one out. Sometimes I do turn on media, start music to stream, and then turn on nav. Songs will automatically lower and turn by turn plays through speakers - it's pretty cool.

Oh I thought your Tigers were going to take the series, but it does not look very good right now.

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! That works perfect for me as I keep an old ipod in the car for music. Now, if we can only get testing and S Voice to go thru sync :)

Hoping to make history with a 4 game sweep ;)

pattig144

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got a 2012 Ford Focus with my ford touch. It will handle my husband's Droid 2 for text messages, but not my GNEX. I have followed several of the suggestions, but my display does not show "advanced" settings or anything for MAP. The dealer said the sync system had been updated to 2013, so my manual doesn't even cover the system accurately. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech