Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: GPS issue, satellites in view but not in use!!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Get on WiFI. Download GPS Test.
    Run App. Open Settings, Press Clear AGPS. wait a few seconds, then press Update AGPS. Close the app. Then re-open the app and see if GPS works.
    When you Clear and UPdate AGPS, make sure your still on WiFI.
    I ran GPS test a million times and it still didn't work. I updated the AGPS many times. I didn't get a lock once without being connected to wifi, which made GPS useless. Very disappointing being on vacation and not being able to use GPS/maps.

With out a data source maps is pointless anyway. So unless you loaded the entire map set for the location your in getting a GPS lock is usless.

Flash a different modem.. Thats what solved my problems when i had the GS2 Touch

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    With out a data source maps is pointless anyway. So unless you loaded the entire map set for the location your in getting a GPS lock is usless.

Flash a different modem.. Thats what solved my problems when i had the GS2 Touch
    1) I pre-cached the maps or of course it wouldn't work.
    2) I tried a different modem on my last ROM (stock) and that didn't help.

How do you figure out what modem to use?? If my GPS works and my phone doesn't, that isn't ideal.

This thread is old, but just to give a point of comparison, in my house, my E4GT struggled to get a GPS lock. Evne in an open area, it would maybe get 6-- satellites in view. I got a Nexus 4 and even IN my house, It sees over 20 satellites! It is like night and day. BTW, I had the E4GT replaced due to the GPS once and still had the same problem with the new one. The Nexus 4 locks within 5 seconds every time I have tried it.

It is a relief when lost being able to open Navigation or maps and not hope that it might be able to help me in a few minutes.

Tighten the little Phillips screws inside the phone! Take out the battery so the phone does a cold start and your gps is back to normal. You should see signals peak at 35 to 43 using gps test app outside.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

GB27 seems to fix this for everyone so far.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Reach me on Twitter || Google+/Hangouts || Forums: XDA-Developers || RootzWiki

If you like the AOSP efforts and want to help get new devices on board, donations really help.
    Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!

Quote Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
    GB27 seems to fix this for everyone so far.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I've just put GB27 rooted on (previously on GA10) and have actually lost my GPS lock, even with Faster Fix and GPS Test.

EDIT: I take that back. I WAS getting a lock indoors at home on GA10. Not getting that now but it's locking fine outside. I can live with that.
    Last edited by Tsukiyomi; 03-16-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12