Email user name change

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi:

I'm using android email account that came on the phone. I need to change the incoming server settings user name because my isp changed it on their end. I can't figure out how or where to change it. Under settings the user name is grayed out and I can't click on it to edit it. Please help! If I could delete my account and start over, I think that I could get it to work, but I can't see a place to delete the account.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure there's a way to delete the account and create a new one, but I uninstalled the stock email application (it always runs in the background which put my OCD into overdrive) so I can't check how to do it. I'm sure someone else will come along and help out though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi:

I'm using android email account that came on the phone. I need to change the incoming server settings user name because my isp changed it on their end. I can't figure out how or where to change it. Under settings the user name is grayed out and I can't click on it to edit it. Please help! If I could delete my account and start over, I think that I could get it to work, but I can't see a place to delete the account.

In the email app, make sure you are the All Inboxes page that shows the Accounts. Just long press(hold your press over the account name) and then select delete.

dougf477

May 13, 2013
Visit site
did you ever get a resolution to this. I have exactly the same problem. under incoming settings can change everything except username. deleted the account & started again - same issue. Did not have this problem with Galaxy S Advance

dougf477

May 13, 2013
Visit site
did you ever get a resolution to this. I have exactly the same problem. under email incoming settings can change everything except username. deleted the account & started again - same issue. Did not have this problem with Galaxy S Advance

Russell Smith1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. I have the Galaxy Rugby Pro. I don't have this problem with any other device. I just can't change/edit the incoming user name. Any help anyone????

antwood

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to delete the account I have Email I want to Keep..

I want to Change my User Name?

Why will it not let me change my USERNAME? It lets me update the password, change POP3 Servers... Big Deal if I cannot change MY USERNAME.

ilovebeefjerky

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here.

Under Common Settings, my settings are.
Email: firstname.lastname@mydomain.com
Name: firstname.lastname

Then I changed Username to be: firstname.lastname@mydomain.com

Then when I go into Server Settings> Incoming settings> username
The username field is grayed and un-editable, and it only says: firstname.lastname

But I NEED the full email to log in.

How do I edit the username field under incoming settings?

ricketyrick

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You can delete the account from the email settings page after clicking on the available accounts. Press the trash icon in the top right corner, and select the account to delete, and confirm deletion (be sure it's the right account!!!)

If you're having trouble changing your username, because it's grey (as I did), one solution is to delete the account, and set it up again but select MANUAL configuration. I just did this. So weird that the app won't let you change your imap username without going through that hassle.

Hope that helps!