Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where does lock screen photo save too?? Hellppp?? Epic 4g touch

This is a strange request.. but I took a pic with my GS2 (sprint) Epic Touch....and I set it as my lock wallpaper...but my SD card got erased...and my lock screen wallpaper pic that I took is still there..I like the picture.. and want to email and save it so its not lost.. how can I do that? I cant seem to find where the pic is saved anywhere on the phone?

thanks

Default Re: Where does lock screen photo save too?? Hellppp?? Epic 4g tou

The pic should be in the gallery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried that , and it wasnt there.. the photo was deleted from the gallery.. but the photo is still on the lock screen...the photo has to be somewhere on this phone im guessing? i just cant find where its stored.

Quote Originally Posted by epicflorida View Post
    I tried that , and it wasnt there.. the photo was deleted from the gallery.. but the photo is still on the lock screen...the photo has to be somewhere on this phone im guessing? i just cant find where its stored.
    If your photo was saved to the card DCIM folder, by default, then your card was erased somehow, as you said in your post above, your photo is gone. If you saved the photo to your lock screen prior to your card being erased, the lock screen photo is saved to device cache.

You may be able to access device cache if you are rooted.......

Yeah I'm pretty sure you'd need root in order to get it. It's part of your Android system now without the original image file.

Default Re: Where does lock screen photo save too?? Hellppp?? Epic 4g touch

Hi EpicFlorida
    Did you ever find the answer to this mystery? I have a photo on my lock screen that i think i accidentally deleted from my gallery and i am deperate to save it somehow.

Default Re: Where does lock screen photo save too?? Hellppp?? Epic 4g touch

Deactivate weather, clock etc. and take a screenshot. Think its the only possibility to save the picture without root rights.