Share your EL29 update experience here!!

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's been that way since EL13. I don't even know if it is on purpose or broken at this point.

There is a thread on xda about replacing gallery3d.apk to fix it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Huh? This morning it worked fine; now it's broken. What was the old version #? I saw the xda thread, but other people are saying that that alternate launcher resolve the problem, but neither LauncherPro or ADWLauncher EX worked for me, not that I want to change.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Huh? This morning it worked fine; now it's broken. What was the old version #? I saw the xda thread, but other people are saying that that alternate launcher resolve the problem, but neither LauncherPro or ADWLauncher EX worked for me, not that I want to change.
EL13, EL26, and EL29 all had the "feature/issue" with standard wallpapers not scrolling.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
EL13, EL26, and EL29 all had the "feature/issue" with standard wallpapers not scrolling.
By "standard" do you mean static images (i.e. JPEGs) or all wallpapers, including Live ones? I got my phone the day Steve Jobs died (unrelated AFAIK) and the Live Wallpapers have all turned or whatnot out of the box and after the early-December OTA update. What changed now with EL29?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
By "standard" do you mean static images (i.e. JPEGs) or all wallpapers, including Live ones? I got my phone the day Steve Jobs died (unrelated AFAIK) and the Live Wallpapers have all turned or whatnot out of the box and after the early-December OTA update. What changed now with EL29?

Pretty sure the addition of looping homescreen caused this, and it is probably a bug or oversight. EL13 was the first leaked update build after the offical EK02 update. There were two more leaks after that, EL26 and EL29, with EL29 being the build that they pushed live to all phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
By standard, I'm talking about static, but only because I didn't test with Live. They are likely all related. I can't believe after 3 leaked releases, they didn't get feedback that it was broken, so my guess is this is the way they intended it to be, for whatever reason.

I'd have to check back, but I thought EL13 didn't have infinite scrolling, but did have the non-scrolling wallpaper, so I don't know if it is directly related to infinite scrolling.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I hate that the el29 update deleted the ability to have panoramic views and/or portrait views on homescreen wallpapers. I loved that the wallpaper moved side to side to see the "full" picture. My EVO 4G did that and the Evo 3d DIDN'T. I am very disappointed in Samsung for removing this ability. Go Launcher puts the ability back but it blows up the wallpaper to bad proportions. How do I size the wallpaper down on Go Launcher to get back the look of the full panoramic view the Epic 4g Touch "used to have until samsung botched it". I should learn "NEVER DOWNLOAD UPDATES TO ANDROID PHONES as when you get an update, it's not like a BlackBerry where you can "roll back" the OS. Android stinks in this matter.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In addition to Live Wallpaper rotation being broken - seriously, I'm the only one using LWPs with angle-changing?!? - the weather on my Fancy Widgets clock/weather deal isn't updating; it just goes blank unless I go in and manually refresh it. Not sure if this is related to the EL29 or not, but it's happening.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen if fancy widgets won't change location yet. I always was on EDOK version I never had any of the EL'S until 2 days ago with that pitiful update. I will NEVER TAKE ANOTHER ANDROID UPDATE again!

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You are all complaining you didn't get the update yet? BE THANKFUL. This is the worst update they gave. It messed up things that were working fine. I forgot NEVER DOWNLOAD UPDATES from sprint or cell phone manufacturers. The scrolling wallpaper home screen is just ONE thing gone. Now I have to have all my MESSAGES not only under messages but under the phone log button. I have to delete from there too! WTF! I never saw people who could botch up an update so badly. I am going to try and root this phone and get rid of all their crap.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Root your phones, and go back to platform EDOK which was the better one. EL29 sucks big time. I am waiting for a new phone to come out to get rid of this one (epic 4g touch) and then will never download an update again. :)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall the handle of the guy who had multiple rage threads against this phone, howling that it was defective and that Samsung needed to recall it and it was total junk, etc.

You remind me of him. A lot. :confused:

My weather is now updating properly, so it must've been a server side glitch.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall the handle of the guy who had multiple rage threads against this phone, howling that it was defective and that Samsung needed to recall it and it was total junk, etc.

You remind me of him. A lot. :confused:

My weather is now updating properly, so it must've been a server side glitch.

Ha, that's funny how could you forget? Begins with a D.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my update pushed this morning..not a big deal, but I have noticed the call answer screen changes and the stock phone icon..don't use the stock launcher so it really didn't matter to me anyway

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Question for those who have received EL29 update. When you are in the phonebook or call log, can you still swipe right and left on the name to make a call or sms? Thanks!