Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Dialpad issues when calling automated calls....

Hello!
    I'm having a problem when trying to press the dial tone pad. Lets say I want to call Sprint and enter my account # to pay my bill or call my bank and enter my social security #/ account #......
    When dialing the #'s it seems to double up or even quadruple the #'s causing an incorrect # to be entered.

Is there a way to fix this issue???
    It's really odd because my fiance has a Google Nexus and she has exactly the same issue when making calls and wanting to pay bills over the phone. Anytime the automated service requires account #'s or a long row of #'s....., the phone seems to enter multiple #'s when only 1 # is pressed at a time and this happens on any phone call that requires long rows of #'s .

Any info regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Dialpad issues when calling automated calls....

You may need to enable "Long DTMF".

I'm going to copy and paste the relevant info from Milo's post on how to do this. The thread can be found here ...

How to Increase Sprint Epic 4G Touch 3G & 4G Data Speeds

Get Your MSL
    There are lots of ways to get your MSL but here is one way. Download ConnectBot and open it.

Tap the SSH drop-down and change it to Local.

In Nickname input box type "getprop ril.MSL"

On the black screen type "getprop ril.MSL" and tap Enter. The upper and lower case exactly as shown are critical. Your 6 digit MSL will appear. Write down your MSL and tap Back to close Connectbot.

Enable Long DTMF
    If you can't navigate 800# support menus (your bank, etc.), you may need a Long DTMF. For instance if prompted, "Press 1 for ____", you press 1 but it says that you have not responded.

Type ##33284# into your phone dialer

Then, navigate Debug Menu > "Enter your MSL" > Scroll down to Others > Long DTMF

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Mine does that when speaker phone is on. Turn it off and I no longer get the double entry.

I agree with aqua but its better when speaker is on

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    Mine does that when speaker phone is on. Turn it off and I no longer get the double entry.
    Same here

Smile Re: Dialpad issues when calling automated calls....

Go to settings and turn your audible touch tones off and then you can utilize your speaker phone when entering numbers for accounts or voicemails without multiplication of tones!!!!