Go Launcher and high processacore cpu percentage ...

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions ... So I installed Go Launcher EX ( with ICS Theme ) and when I open the app Android System Info I have noticed that I have two processes at the top that read " processacore " with the CPU percentage pegged at 100 % it is listed twice righ on top of each other and they both read 100 % .... When I switch back to the stock TW Launcher those same processacore read 0 % ... Im not sure if thgat means my Go Launcher is using up all my CPU or something else, battery to me has been the same with Go Launcher maybe a tiny worse, but nothing too much different. I hope someone can explain to me what all that means and most importantly am I putting any stress on the phones CPU for those two processes to always be pegged at 100 percent? I tried searching but it didnt really give me any threads that were very similar. Oh and I have noticed my Android OS percentage creep up by atleast 10 percent since Go Launcher EX ...anything to worry about? Thanks if anyone can shed some light!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I would'nt worry about it. It might be a bug with how the Android System Info App reports the load of android.process.acore with the way Go Launcher uses it. Your "Total CPU Load" % should still be under 30%. I've run Go Launcher on this phone for months and get fantastic battery life.

Last edited:

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well as I mentioned my battery seems the same if it was worse I haven't noticed it I have always been happy with battery life with how I use my device I'm able to get a day and a half of use with either launcher

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781