Should I update?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I finally just got the option to do the EL29 OTA update, but I'm trying to decide if I should actually update. I'm not having any problems that I've noticed on EK02 and I kind of like the scrolling wallpaper. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night, haven't had any issues with it yet. The app tray issue (where if you pinched out and selected a page it would exit out to the homepage instead) has been fixed with this update. Also, don't really miss the scrolling wallpaper even though I preferred it. Maybe I miss it a bit but how often are you really on the homepage for vs. in app? Seems a bit smoother overall, probably because there is no scrolling wallpaper which sometimes had a slight jerkiness to it.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not liking it but would probably update in case there is any added security features and I wouldn't want to have anything outdated. It's hard to figure out if there are new issues or if some are just flukes but my bluetooth didn't hook up with my car this morning and I've had some issues with wifi not allowing me to access web pages. But like I said these could be unrelated to the update.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not liking it but would probably update in case there is any added security features and I wouldn't want to have anything outdated. It's hard to figure out if there are new issues or if some are just flukes but my bluetooth didn't hook up with my car this morning and I've had some issues with wifi not allowing me to access web pages. But like I said these could be unrelated to the update.

I'll probably just update just because of those reasons. I probably won't miss the scrolling wallpaper too much, and I don't really use bluetooth too much so if that actually is an issue, I won't notice. I've heard people say that the whole system performs a little faster as well, so I guess I'll just take a leap and go for it.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If I absolutely hated all of the ancillary changes that were made to the ROM (which I don't), I would still take the update simply for the fact that Carrier IQ was completely removed.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If I absolutely hated all of the ancillary changes that were made to the ROM (which I don't), I would still take the update simply for the fact that Carrier IQ was completely removed.

O ya, I kinda forgot about CIQ. I updated a little bit ago anyways.