Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PanchoPlanet
  • 1 Post By jacksonista
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lost scrolling wallpaper after update

On touchwiz after the update I lost it do you guys know any work arounds without changing launchers since I like touchwiz

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: lost scrolling wallpaper after update

Afraid not. No settings to adjust. The only way to get it back is to use another Launcher instead of Touchwiz such as Go Launcher EX or ADW Launcher EX.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's what I figured but thanks anyways!

why they take this away ?

Is anyone running go launcher, or adw with success? As soon as I updated my scrolling wallpaper stopped, & I'm running ADW. I checked the settings to be sure nothing changed, scrolling wallpapers still checked. Does this update override all launchers?

Quote Originally Posted by saleen2002 View Post
    why they take this away ?
    Someone in the "update post" claimed it was due to a lawsuit. No clue if that's correct or not but that's the first explanation I've heard. I hated it for static images, so I'm not heartbroken, but some of my live wallpapers have effectively been cut off.

Go launcher ex is working perfectly after I updated to el29. Still can scroll wallpaper.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Neither ADWLauncher EX or Launcher Pro fix scrolling and I don't like them anyway. That Live Wallpapers that rotate no longer work is simply unacceptable.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    Thanked by 2:

Is it technically possible to bring back scrolling wallpaper without rooting? I have this phone on a major corporate account so I can’t root. And can you install a launcher without rooting and if so how hard is it to get Touch Wiz back if you don’t like what you installed?

If you use adw, you can have scrolling wallpapers with still images, however live wallpaper is still locked and unable to scroll due to the update.

Not sure on the difficulty of reverting back to standard after rooting. I hear is not that hard.

Using an aftermarket launcher only fixes the problem if you like the image they use to start out with. I installed Go Launcher, and applied the Touchwiz theme. The wallpaper was sized properly. As soon as I tried to change the wallpaper, it won't allow me to resize the image, so it stretches the image, so the wallpaper looks distorted.

I really don't see how this can be lawsuit related, when Google has scrollable wallpaper on the Nexus phones, as well as HTC/Motorola/LG/etc....

I agree with this. I think it was just a mistake and over looked. I'm sure when we get 4.0 it'll be fixed. I wouldn't take my word on that, I just don't see why they would get rid of it.

Download QuickPic from the market. It allows u to properly set the full screen image. It's free & it uses virtually no memory.
    Thanked by:

Right, I use Quick Pic to select my wallpaper and when you select the wallpaper there is an option to crop it or use full image, then SET AS - Quick Pic Homescreen Wallpaper in the Options and it will scroll just like before the update. I am using currently GO Launcher EX.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Calkulin's latest rom E4gt.ROM v 2.8.1, still has this fiture and it work fine on touch wiz even after update, its based on latestEL29 kernel, so its as latest as can be. And its bloatware free, runs faster and longer batt. life
    So rootup and be happy with scrollable wallpapers.

Pp.
    Thanked by:
    Tsudeily likes this.

The idea that it has anything to do with a lawsuit is rubbish. Apple doesn't even offer live wallpaper, so how can that be?

I agree, it's total BS that this functionality is lost. I have bought several wallpapers that now are somewhat useless because the "3D" feel to them no longer works. Remember the cool wind turbine wallpaper? Well' it's not half as cool now that you can't get that "walking around them" feeling when you move from screen to screen.

I feel like asking all of the developers I've bought scrolling live wallpapers from for my money back. Maybe that would light a fire under samsung's behind?

I'm very disappointed. Went to Sprint, they have no idea and it wasn't their update so they don't know what to do. I say, file a complaint and get this function returned. I mean, really?
    LoveMyPhone likes this.

Any updates on this? Pretty pissed this was removed. What's the deal?

When does the ICW 4.0 come out?

the wallpaper does'nt scroll in ICS on the E4GT using Touchwiz, only running vanilla ICS

You can always go back to EK02

Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Or you can use go launcher

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have this problem too, and i cant get into my adw anymore.

ROM
    Blu Kuban FE10

I wrote Samsung about this issue a few months ago & they claimed that the scrolling wallpaper effect was removed by Sprint with the EL29 update. Supposedly a copyright issue & won't be coming back anytime soon. Sux, because I have quite a few images & live wallpapers!

SGS2E4GT running Blu Kuban 1.0.3.9 on Android Central

WE CAN ALL THANK APPLE FOR THIS ONE.

A quick update. I have my new SIII, and while the stock live wallpapers (3D windmills and galaxy) no longer have the 3D feel, the wallpapers I bought from Kittehface and others now work the way they originally intended them to work which has made me happy. All of them pan the way they did when I bought them.

I'm seriously sick of Apple and their blatant bid at dominating and locking down the entire smart phone industry. The Supreme Court needs to kick that bunch of "original copy cats" to the curb. Seriously.