Extremely slow browsing after el29?

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My browsing speed was never EXCELLENT before the update, but after the update they are excruciatingly slow and painful! Webpages take more than 2 min to load. I tried to run a speedtest, but it times out. I have 4-5 bars. I updated profile and PRL and pulled battery and let sit for 3 min. I have cleared all cache/cookies. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Marley

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to be naive, but can I clear it on a NON-rooted phone? If so, how can I do it. . . I tried Googling it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mannyvigi1985

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing the same issues slow browsing. I clean the cache, History and anything else I can find I rebooted, I check for PRL updates and still slow browser. No matter if I am in cell (3G or 4G ) or wireless

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be naive, but can I clear it on a NON-rooted phone? If so, how can I do it. . . I tried Googling it.
Probably not.

Is it just the browser that is slow or are all network apps slow?

Is it possible this is a Sprint network problem? Does the same problem happen with WiFi?

Have you done a ##72786# reset and let the phone reprovision?

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Same issue. It will just time out. I have trouble getting connected with the Market as well. This is over WiFi.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Same issue. It will just time out. I have trouble getting connected with the Market as well. This is over WiFi.

I've noticed this as well and I have emails with pictures that hang on loading messages and don't ever come up. After I exit out and try later they show.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have also seen inconsistent browsing issues. Sometimes it seems fine, other times it craps out. Doesn't matter if it is on Sprint data or over WiFi either.

kalel114

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll post this here as well.

My issue: When using the web, it will time out and not connect. The same thing happens to the Market. I will sometimes get the Unable to Connect page.

Temporary Solution: The only way I have found to "fix" it is to not use WiFi. Switching it off seems to help it connect. Or I can use WiFi, but when it times out, I have to toggle WiFi off and then back on again. This works for a while and then I have to toggle it off and on again, because it will eventually time out.

I have know idea why this is happening, but it all started after the update.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
First thing I would try is ##72786# reset. This will clear your provisioning info and reprovision. Your android user data will not be affected.
1) get your MSL - in adb shell or terminal type (case sensitive)
Code:
getprop ril.MSL
2) open the phone dialer and press ##72786#
3) enter the MSL when it is asking you for data entry
4) let the phone reboot and perform provisioning

Second thing to try, if you are able to, boot into custom recovery (ie CWM) and wipe cache and dalvik-cache

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything regarding this, browsing is definitely irritating now. Even on wi-fi & 4G. It wasn't broken, I shouldn't have fixed it with the update...

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything regarding this, browsing is definitely irritating now. Even on wi-fi & 4G. It wasn't broken, I shouldn't have fixed it with the update...

Opposite happened to me. Stuff loads faster and network speeds have INCREASED in areas the speeds use to suck.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you try any profile updates, data refreshes ect... What I wouldn't do to have my device back to normal it's terrible now. The green "up" arrow lights up much longer than the orange "down" arrow in the task bar now, & it even times out now???

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My browsing seems pitifully slow as well after the update. It was pretty snappy before. I will try profile and prl update and see if that does anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk