Stock Email App Sync Issues

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello....just got my Epic Touch 4g (2.3.6) and am loving it. I really like the native email app but I am having one small (or large, in my eyes) problem with the syncing of deleted/moved emails.

This is for my work email which is web hosted. (Desknow) I have it set up as an imap and I receive and send all emails just fine. However, anytime I delete or move an email on my phone it returns on the next polling interval and does not sync with our server. I just came from an EVO 4g and did not have this issue with the HTC stock app.

I like this UI much better than K9 and MailDroid, but this is kind of a deal killer for me as I get a ton of emails and travel a lot. Sorting through an entire day's emails for the second time when I open my laptop at night is pretty inconvenient.

I'm ready to move back to one of the 2 I mentioned above, but I figured I'd check with some of the gurus here first. Is there just a bug or is it something I can fix? Thanks so much in advance.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked into the settings and I cant find a "Sync Deleted" option like some other clients have. You may have to look server-side to see if IMAP access allows syncing of deleted folders. I also like the simplicity of the stock email app, but my Gmail doesnt come in immediately...syncs on a time interval. So I might go back to K-9 myself.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
.....You may have to look server-side to see if IMAP access allows syncing of deleted folders.....

I don't think that's the issue as I don't have the same problem with Market email apps and it worked with my EVO's stock app. I'm chalking it up to a bug and probably going to use MailDroid. Shame though, the stock app is very nice. Just wish it worked.