trick to get 4square GPS to work

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
its not just four square, my fancy widgets weather does the same.......EL29 totally broke all sorts of things that worked before

b0x3r

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue ... so i decided to take my phone into sprint ... and after telling them that i did a factory reset and it still did not fix the issue they decided to take a look at it ... and well, the good news is they fixed it !!!! Im pretty sure they used this method to fix it How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic 4G) – – android.kgmoney.netAnything Android as doing it through the phone settings did not work for me ... let me know if this works for any of you !!

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue ... so i decided to take my phone into sprint ... and after telling them that i did a factory reset and it still did not fix the issue they decided to take a look at it ... and well, the good news is they fixed it !!!! Im pretty sure they used this method to fix it How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S II (Epic 4G) ? ? android.kgmoney.netAnything Android as doing it through the phone settings did not work for me ... let me know if this works for any of you !!

ok you make no sense then, because if you mentioned to them, that you made a factory reset, and it didn't work the first time, why would it work again, if they did another factory reset?...:confused:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Epic fail on the thread title. No question mark makes it look like a solution awaits in here, not a question about how to make things work.

The hell should we have to nuke our phones to get things working! As I've posted on other GPS threads, there is no rhyme or reason to how Foursquare* and Gas Buddy can't seem to know where you are when Google Maps gets it right. It's not the GPS, because it is plotting you properly, but something is breaking down in how the apps access the position plot.

Driving home, I stopped at a gas station and tried to check in and 4S thought I was back near my work. I stopped at another station and the same thing is happening. (See below.) I get home and try 4S again and it works properly with local businesses. Damn annoying.

* In this post, I show how properly places me on the map while refusing to find places around me.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
did they in fact do a full factory reset or you think they did? did you have reset everything back to the way you had it before or was it already done?

Last edited:

web1006

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
EL29 broke my foursqare GPS as well. I just use my checkin list to check in at past locations.

FWIW: Google Maps locks GPS correctly, Bing Maps locks GPS correctly so it's a foursquare issue....:( :'( :confused:

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
its opposite for me, when my weather doesnt update my location, I check maps with gps on and off and it doesnt locate me, so in my case its not an app issue, its a gps issue. guess Ill be visiting Sprint this week sometime

AndrewRich

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had some luck with Foursquare by toggling Airplane mode on and off again with a few seconds in between. Annoying, but it works maybe 50%. If you don't want to comment or add a picture, you can always check in to Foursquare with Waze, which does find the correct location and then tells Foursquare where you are.

drk65

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I suggest for resolving GPS signal lock issues. --- Go to the Android Market (now horribly named "Google Play Store" :( ) and download the Free "GPS Test" app. Once installed, open the app and go to the settings. You will find the options to "Clear AGPS" and "Update AGPS". First, "Clear" then "Update". I believe this will erase and reload the GPS Almanac data. --- I was having 4Square and Telenav GPS problems and this solved the issues within about 5 minutes. Give it a try. Good Luck!

Link To GPS Test in Market: http://goo.gl/DFP1K

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma