Odexed or Deodexed?

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I know the difference between the two and how deodexed makes it easier for developers to make changes and modify themes and so forth with increased speeds and all that stuff, but my question is how can you tell what your OS is, is there a way to check for Deo vs Odex. Would like to flash Overstew/ICS theme but the first thing you read is "This theme is not compatible with odexed ROMs.". How do I know what dex I am??? Can I look at files in OS and find this in my phone? Is there a clue that i look for? Maybe a certain smell? Or taste?
I'm running sfhub/xda SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) and it runs great! But I can t find any info as to what this stock rom is.
Help someone!!!!

TIA,

Pp.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That is the stock ROM, so you are very likely odexed. To tell, open up a file manager App like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (free and does the job), navigate to your /system/app folder, and if you see .odex files for every .apk file, then you'll know you're on an odexed ROM.

Reactions: PanchoPlanet

bigtoysrock

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much all of the roms over on XDA are deodexed, EXCEPT for stock ones. I would flash Blend 2.6.2 and the ICS darkside theme. It is a VERY stable rom, ask JayWill72, both him and I run it. :D

Reactions: PanchoPlanet