WIFI Issues

mannyvigi1985

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch , I love the phone it works great. However I have been experiencing some issues with dropping WIFI connection.

Things I have tried
-Reboot
-Update PRL and Profile
-Pulled battery and reboot
-Reset to factory and updated
-Reset the cable modem
-Reboot the cable modem

I have WOW cable and INTERNET service in the Chicago land area with 50/5 INTERNET speed. I have two laptops and a tablet and the wifi works fine. The sparatic lose of wifi only happens with my phone.

The modem/Router is a Arris dg950
I also have a Linksys - Wireless-N Range Extender

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This kind of thing is very tough to diagnose, as there's so many variables involved. I think your best best would be to contact Samsung support and see if they have any suggestions on settings for your particular configuration. If that doesn't help then take it to Sprint and swap it for another one.

grenland

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my phone but then I switched the DNS in the routers to the Google public ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and instantly they started to work for me with out any further problems. Keep in mind that all situations are different so this may not be your "miracle"solution, but I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ilabat

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I work in a hospital, and am unable to connect to WiFi. Icon is just spinning. Under the settings on Wireless and Networks - WiFi settings it says I am connected to Public wireless, but I am unable to refresh mail, send text pictures or receive them. Also, no internet acces either. Any suggestions? Just got the phone 2 weeks ago, and tomorrow is the last day for a return. Should I just get a new phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze