Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cjones
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Upgrade now or wait on nexus

I have a upgrade available right now. I'm getting tried of my current phone, HTC EVO. If I go ahead and upgrade the epic touch is the only phone I would get. Or should I wait on the galaxy nexus.? I just don't want to wait till July or august. This would be easier if I knew when it was going to be released.

Anyways just talk me into getting the touch or should I wait.

Default Re: Upgrade now or wait on nexus

Check this page out. Very well done.

25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch
    DETERMINOLOGY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    Check this page out. Very well done.

25 Reasons to Consider the Sprint Epic 4G Touch
    Well said..I was in the same boat and went for the epic touch

Its all going to depend on how much longer we will have to wait for the nexus to be released.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Its all going to depend on how much longer we will have to wait for the nexus to be released.
    gnex is ok but i would rather take better specs in a phone witch the epic touch has the edge over the gnex..

The S2 has better specs, for the most part. The gnex has a higher screen resolution, but it is pentile. You'll have to go to a Verizon store and check out if its pluses are worth the minuses on the screen. The gnex has the NFC chip. Not a big deal right now, but it might be in 2 years. By then, you'll probably be in the market for a new phone. Lastly, the gnex will be getting Jelly Bean (or what ever the next Android OS will be called) in about a year. The S2...I wouldn't hold my breath, but CryogenMod will be available, etc. Lasly, if a good camera is important for you, then the S2 is the way to go.

By the time the gnex is on Sprint, more will be known about the S3. The gnex will be 6 months old by then. I probably would lean towards waiting for the S3 or another quad-core phone at that time (assuming the S3 has the kick arse specs that we are expecting).

I really like the idea of having updates come from Google, but a 6 month-old gnex would not be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainerd View Post
    By the time the gnex is on Sprint, more will be known about the S3. The gnex will be 6 months old by then. I probably would lean towards waiting for the S3 or another quad-core phone at that time (assuming the S3 has the kick arse specs that we are expecting).

I really like the idea of having updates come from Google, but a 6 month-old gnex would not be my first choice.
    I don't really understand why a company like Sprint has to wait SO LONG for the Nexus devices. It doesn't make sense to me. In the smart phone world 6 months is half a lifetime for God's sake!

I am sold on the Epic 4G Touch. True we won't get ICS right away, but I can almost smell that CyanogenMod 9 cooking in the kitchen now. YUMMY!!!

Oh yeah, and the camera on this phone KICKS serious **** too!

Quote Originally Posted by cjones View Post
    I don't really understand why a company like Sprint has to wait SO LONG for the Nexus devices. It doesn't make sense to me. In the smart phone world 6 months is half a lifetime for God's sake!

I am sold on the Epic 4G Touch. True we won't get ICS right away, but I can almost smell that CyanogenMod 9 cooking in the kitchen now. YUMMY!!!

Oh yeah, and the camera on this phone KICKS serious **** too!
    At this rate, we might get ics before the nexus s 4g does.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

If you're on the fence, I would probably wait until we see what's under the hood on Sprint's Galaxy Nexus. There could be some improvements over Verizon's variant. Also there may be more information about the LTE rollout plans by then.

be patient grasshopper. Forget the nexus. Wait for the quadcore phones to come out this summer. Remember that whichever phone you upgrade to your going to be stuck with for 2 years. It's better to be stuck with a quadcore phone which you can say is somewhat future proof (for a while anyway) instead of some phone which is already.
    outdated. The S3 is going to be worth the wait. Good things come to those who wait
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I don't think the epic touch is already outdated

Quote Originally Posted by emg75189 View Post
    I don't think the epic touch is already outdated
    Agreed. H3ll, the Galaxy Nexus is The New Hawtness™ and once the E4GT gets ICS, the Nexus is arguably an inferior phone.

I would upgrade now. Who knows when the Nexus is going to land on Sprint. I replaced my evo with a very lightly used E4GT bought on Ebay in December and i still have an eligible upgrade coming up in May. If the Nexus comes to Sprint by then and I decide to buy it, I can upgrade and sell my current phone and maybe even turn a profit. If you're in a similar situation, you could probably do something similar. Just think of it a an extended test drive. Either way, the E4GT is a big upgrade from the Evo and is not too dissimilar from the Nexus.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Just putting the specs aside for a min. Just the look and the feel of the E4GT is AWESOME! I LOVE how it feels in my hand. I was at my weekly poker game last night and a buddy of mine who still has the Evo was playing with my phone and saying how it just feels "SO NICE" compared to the Evo. Feather Light and the screen is ridiculous.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Wait on the G'Nex man. Bigger screen, faster processor, Pure Android, Google support for updates, huge internal memory....need I say more.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

My upgrade is June 1st...I have an EVO4G from Oct10, but I just swooped up an Epic 4G touch on ebay for 370$. I can now patiently wait for the next group of phones to come out (Nexus, S3, iPhone5, Windows, Note 2?) and use my upgrade then.

$370 is not to bad. I'm putting my Evo up and should get 150 out of it (great condition...always in a case, box, charger...etc). So that really makes a $200 out of pocket cost. And if I get a new phone I should be able to get $250-300 for my E4GT.

If you do look on ebay...look at used buy it now's. I just a "mint" condition phone, 2 samsung batteries, 2 samsung chargers, and a car charger for 370 shipped. Exactly what I was looking for...wanted to make my own purchase on a case so no "comes with a case cost". Would have gone for 400+ in a down to wire auction.

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    Wait on the G'Nex man. Bigger screen, faster processor, Pure Android, Google support for updates, huge internal memory....need I say more.

I still would stick with the epic touch exynos is the better processor with the touch having a better gpu and camera and im really not to fond of full ics on the gnex way to many bugs and actually im feeling touchwiz+ics alot more smoother/no lag but with the screen yea the gnex is 720P and it has full ics thats the only thing that it has good going for it..Other then that im not to impressed
    Last edited by DETERMINOLOGY; 02-17-2012 at 02:46 PM.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

I'm curious as to why everyone think the Epic Touch has better camera? Is it because it's has a higher megapixel rating? I've seen 5 meg shooters that take way better pics than a lot of the 8 meggers out there. Not trying to start anything, purely curious.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Its because the GS2 camera lens (the entire package, not just the megapixel) is far superior to nearly every phone camera except the i4s and some other crazily awesome phone camera on this one other phone.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

If you have an upgrade now I would wait until the end of the summer. Dual core phones are on their way out.

"Its because the GS2 camera lens (the entire package, not just the megapixel) is far superior to nearly every phone camera except the i4s"

And it's arguably better than the i4S- at least no worse.

Quote Originally Posted by burrrton View Post
    Agreed. H3ll, the Galaxy Nexus is The New Hawtness™ and once the E4GT gets ICS, the Nexus is arguably an inferior phone.
    I'm not one for benchmarks but there is no doubt that ET is far superior

ET FB17 ICS leak
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    Viper ROM

Just buy an sd card with nfc and you you have everything

sent from my blobfish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)
    Motorola Q -> Blackberry storm -> iPhone 3gs -> Blackberry Tour -> Droid Incredible ->Thunderbolt ->Epic 4G Touch->Evo 4G LTE

"ROOTED"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I'm not one for benchmarks but there is no doubt that ET is far superior

ET FB17 ICS leak
    I've seen those benchmark numbers, and yeah, I know benchmarks aren't necessarily indicative of Real World Performance™, but would someone with a brand new GN really run that and see they were getting owned by the E4GT?