For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Review of latest ICS Rom leak

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's an early unofficial build, but it's a cool first look of ICS running on our phone. Calkulin leaked FB15 & 17 TARs today so we will see videos of those from Qbking soon too. It's been an exciting weekend for our phone!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Review of latest ICS Rom l

It's an early unofficial build, but it's a cool first look of ICS running on our phone. Calkulin leaked FB15 & 17 TARs today so we will see videos of those from Qbking soon too. It's been an exciting weekend for our phone!

Oh sweet! Can't wait to see those. Too bad Samsung really isn't going to do that much more to the look of Touchwiz, but something tells me they are saving all that stuff for the next version of Touchwiz on the GS3. The ICS update is definitely going to hold me over until the GS3 comes out, and until then, we have videos like these to look forward to.

Those FB15 and 17 builds, those are Sprint builds or Samsung builds? And do they update them every day? In other words, did Samsung ship their stuff to Sprint already and they are just fine tuning it, or does Samsung do all that work for Sprint and they just send them daily updates?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Those builds are all Samsung's work. I doubt Sprint is even testing them yet. The numbers represent the days of the month. So the leaks so far are for Feb 9th, 15th and 17th. F=2012, B=February (follows A, B, C, D etc for the months) and the number is the day of the month of course.

So by the full build number you can tell exactly when that particular firmware version was committed.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Amazing how frequent that stuff comes out.

You sure know a lot about that stuff, probably helps that you're in San Diego, great city, was there last year in one of the Qualcomm buildings....but no one there wanted to upgrade the Snapdragon in my then Evo 3d to a quad core! lol

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site

I kinda like the whole face unlock...However I'd like to see how it works with different backgrounds and how it works when someone else is trying to unlock it.