1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi issues - help please

I have been having wifi connection problems from home for a couple of days now (haven't tested other wifis). I have never encountered this issue before. It was working and connecting fine before this. I really don't know how this could have started. I tried turning my phone off and taking the battery out. I even checked my router and called my internet company, but its not my internet that's the issue. Has anybody had this issue? I don't know what to do at this point. I thought of even doing factory reset but afraid that might be a waste of time. Can someone please offer me advice on what to do?
    Last edited by kina bina; 02-22-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Notice that you never actually said what the problem was...

Sent from my GSII using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: wifi issues - help please

I meant to start off saying "I have been having wifi connection PROBLEMS from home"...my bad. And then everything else follows.

I was having the same problem I tried restore, reset and a bunch of other things and nothing worked. I finally took it in to sprint store and ended getting a replacement.

If you have never had an issue with WiFi before, I would do a reset - the reset that truly wipes your phone (holding the power button and the volume up button at the same time) - just make sure you have any of your attachments/pictures either on your "external" sd card or on your computer - back up your contacts. Good luck.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I was trying to avoid factory reset. This will be my last resort. Then if it doesn't get fixed even at the sprint store, a replacement it is, which is sad for supposedly being the best phone Android wise. But even good things turn bad, I guess.

ROM
    Calkulins E4GT.ROM.v3.0

Did you get a "Wi-Fi" symbol at the top of your screen. When you go to settings - wireless and networks - wi-fi settings - and touch Wi-Fi does the box get a green check?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
    Did you get a "Wi-Fi" symbol at the top of your screen. When you go to settings - wireless and networks - wi-fi settings - and touch Wi-Fi does the box get a green check?
    The green check's always been there. And yes, there is the wifi symbol at the top of the screen. I think it's the phone that is the issue because I am not just having issues with wifi, but I am also have "phantom" button pushes. Someone already started a thread on this "phantom" issue.

Anyway, I am taking it to the store tomorrow. I have a good feeling they're just gonna have it replaced. Oh well. Better start transferring things to my laptop.

reboot the router before you do anything else to the phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by darrylsb View Post
    reboot the router before you do anything else to the phone.
    I tried this already. Apparently, the problem is not the router. The store doesn't know what could be wrong. Replacement might be the only option if they can't figure anything else out.