voicemail notifications

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you elaborate a bit on what you're looking for? What kind of notifications are you looking for beyond what the Sprint VVM app already does?

prown01

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
mine doesn't even have the VVM app. when i get a voicemail my phone notifies via text and tells me to call some weird number to listen it

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
mine doesn't even have the VVM app. when i get a voicemail my phone notifies via text and tells me to call some weird number to listen it

This phone comes pre-installed with the VVM app, so I don't know why you don't have it. You're getting texts for your VMs "likely" because you installed a 3rd party SMS app and the default setting is to disable all other notifications, which ends up borking visual voicemail notifications. You would need to disable that in your 3rd party SMS app, turn off notifications in the stock SMS app, then possibly reprovision your Sprint VVM (if you can find it).

prown01

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The only app that in could think of would be go SMS pro. I just uninstalled, and i'm going to have someone call and leave a voice mail. I'll post what happens

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The only app that in could think of would be go SMS pro. I just uninstalled, and i'm going to have someone call and leave a voice mail. I'll post what happens

Yes go sms pro does it. On the initial setup for it, one of the screens asks about disabling notifications in other apps. The default is checked yes. Make sure you uncheck that, then go to the stock messaging app settings and turn off notifications so you dont get duplicates.

Go Sms Pro is very likely why you get text messages for your voicemails.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes go sms pro does it. On the initial setup for it, one of the screens asks about disabling notifications in other apps. The default is checked yes. Make sure you uncheck that, then go to the stock messaging app settings and turn off notifications so you dont get duplicates.

Go Sms Pro is very likely why you get text messages for your voicemails.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If this doesn't work call sprint. This happened to me when somehow my phone ended up on the wrong voicemail server.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk