Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Default Text message not sent

Lately I've been having this problem. I'll hit send and it'll pop up and say it failed to send and show the exclamation point next to it. I found out that they actually do go through most of the time because I'll get a response and one person said they got one text 4 times when I tried to hit resend. It's not every text I send, but randomly a few here and there when I have decent service and am not even moving anywhere. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Text message not sent

I have had this several times in the last week. I also did not receive txt messages.

I called Sprint and after them screwing around saying nothing was wrong, I mysteriously received all the missing txt messages.

I have google voice send me a txt for each vm, so I could tell I wasn't getting them. The problem is otherwise you don't even know and look like a jerk for not responding.

I sent to multiple people, received from multiple people in different locations on 2 different phones (well, both E4T). Of course, when you call they try to blame the phone.

Have had this issue also on AT&T with my Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket. I have swapped out sims cards and have 3 phones and it continues. I finally did some research and downloaded a free app called ghostly SMS and that in conjunction with the no led app have helped me to capture those missing texts.

ROM

Over the past month or so my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint) has been increasingly unreliable when it comes to both Txt messages and even phone calls. (email seems to work well) As others have mentioned on their phones... Mine too will some times fail to send (or so it says) but when others try and txt me, the messages either take 20 minutes to reach me, or never make it. If I power down the phone and power it back up, the txt will come through all at once and show the missed calls and new voice mails.

I have been trying various combinations of 3G only, 3G/4G, 3G/WiFi and after a half day or so the same thing happens. I also thought it was just when phones from other carriers txt me, like T-Mobile or AT&T, but sadly, it happens with other Sprint customers too. I think this weekend I'm going to reset the phone to factory settings (wiping all added apps) and see if that helps at all.

Can anyone offer any insight/help, I'm going crazy here.

Happens here to me in Vegas.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

my primary issue has been the sending of text messages. I do not typically receive phone calls, just texts and e-mails, so I hop on to a Wi-Fi point when I ever get a chance.

For the texts, I work in an area that either has no service, or roaming, so I cannot contest to the latency between remote->host. However, when sending from host->remote, it fails. The receiving end never receives the message. I either have to "Airplane Mode" the phone, which I'd be generous in saying it works half the time, or if all else fails, shutdown the phone and let it boot back up.

I'm running the stock EL29 build.

[EDIT]
    Yeah, my wife today showed me that she does receive all of my messages, regardless if it tells me it sent correctly or not.
    I have a friend I visited today that also has the E4GT, he encounters the same problem, regardless of location. Also running stock EL29.

Either a Sprint network issue or OS bug.
    [/EDIT]

Yeah I think it may be an issue with sprint. I get it quite frequently but the messages still go through.

ROM

I'm too am starting to think it's a Sprint issue. My wife has the HTC Evo Shift and also has issues with Text messages, although her issues are slightly different. I blame the iPhone ;-) Sprint has never been top notch, but I never use to have issues like this...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Quote Originally Posted by estrasser View Post
    I'm too am starting to think it's a Sprint issue. My wife has the HTC Evo Shift and also has issues with Text messages, although her issues are slightly different. I blame the iPhone ;-) Sprint has never been top notch, but I never use to have issues like this...
    Ya, I never had any problems on my old dumb phone with texts :/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have had this happen about two to three times a month but that's it. I just hit retry and it's good to go
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

Also happens to me in bursts. These not sent notifications make me go something something . Seems that it's more common when sending to an Iphone. The thing is that sometimes the texts really do go through so I get annoyed replies about the texts I just resent 42 times. That part makes me chuckle a bit I admit. I am also in Vegas

Happens to my girlfriends lg optimus s as well. Were both on sprint and i haven't had that issue at all. Her phone had literally sent me ten messages with this problem. It almost has to be a sprint problem because her sisters iphone 4s does it too in the same room as their mothers evo 3d. Lol
    My phone is faster than my PC was in 2004! What the...

Happened to mine and all my friends phones who have sprint in my area. According to Sprint, (cause i have called numerous times) they are upgrading their towers in the area and it will affect calls and text messages until they are done. Same thing happened to AT&T customers last year when they did their towers. But i was able to get a bill credit on my Sprint due to the situation.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!