Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    it supports infrasture but you have to set your device profile in settings

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us

Has anyone tried this supposed "amazing" application with the IPhone 4g 8gb IOS 5.1 sprint carrier? I'm looking for a hotspot to use for the house and I'm sure as hell not paying an additional fee if my iPhone is capable without sprint noticing. MyFi, PDA, and other well known Hotspot apps have gotten a number of people caught and as far as this forum goes everyone has had, for the majority, good experiences. If anyone could answer the question stated earlier that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Regards,

FoxFi is one of the best appz out there. I have it installed in my Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic G4.

It works great!

I can connect my Win7 laptop, Nook Color with CM7, and my Asus TF300 with no problems.

Best app out there. And No! Sprint is not charging me for hotspot use.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHotspot4IPhoneFr33 View Post
    Has anyone tried this supposed "amazing" application with the IPhone 4g 8gb IOS 5.1 sprint carrier? I'm looking for a hotspot to use for the house and I'm sure as hell not paying an additional fee if my iPhone is capable without sprint noticing. MyFi, PDA, and other well known Hotspot apps have gotten a number of people caught and as far as this forum goes everyone has had, for the majority, good experiences. If anyone could answer the question stated earlier that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Well, for starters, this is an Android forum, and foxfi is an android app. So no, it wont work for your iPhown.
    noshooz and planase like this.

Hi, love this app but not working for long. I have an HTC Amaze with tmobile and something keeps turning off my wifi that foxfi turns on after like 15 seconds of connecting to my laptop. Was wondering if anyone has gotten it to work with their Amaze? Or knows any other apps that work. I don't want to root it.

Default Re: Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us now)

Been Using this App for a little over 3 months. Works great I'm getting better Speeds then I did when I had DSL. I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

Now for the Downside. I got 2 letters in the mail today from Sprint. 1 for Unattended downloading/streaming and 1 for Phone as modem usage.

From what the notes say I have till the 21st to stop this usage or I lose my account.

Does anyone know a way to prevent them from seeing How I'm using my Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by DNichols13 View Post
    Been Using this App for a little over 3 months. Works great I'm getting better Speeds then I did when I had DSL. I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

Now for the Downside. I got 2 letters in the mail today from Sprint. 1 for Unattended downloading/streaming and 1 for Phone as modem usage.

From what the notes say I have till the 21st to stop this usage or I lose my account.

Remember they can see the pages you are access. Since many pages have a mobile version of the regular one they can have an idea. Depending on you're use, some pages are difficult or can't be accessed on a mobile device. I suggest you to use Dolphin Browser on Desktop mode and verify if all the pages open in it and write back to them.
    On the other hand, if you used it for Play Station or Xbox of course they will know that you are tethering.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk

you have a dedicated phone just for tethering? it sounds like you are really abusing the tethering function. why not just pay the fee and sign up for tethering with Sprint? you are violating your user agreement.

I'm currently Using it on a Samsung conquer that I bought for the sole purpose of making it a hotspot.

You are the type of guy that ruined this for everyone. I only ever only used it for the occasional time that I needed access for my Galaxy Tab...but you us it as your home internet? You need to start thinking...use your brain!
    Thanked by:
    gbean, Tsukiyomi and dawn2dusk like this.

Exclamation Re: Anyone else using FoxFi, hotspot no root (has support for us now)

I am trying really hard to connect my Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic 4G to my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 but cannot do it!! Can anyone PLEASE advise. I have installed PDANet on my tablet and FoxFi on my cell phone. Tried by selecting "bluetooth" on my phone as well as "WiFi hotspot". When I do the WiFi on my phone, it shows as if it's trying to connect on my tablet but never actually connects. Is there somewhere that I can get really good instructions or can someone please advise?!?!?! I thought having both Samsung Galaxy items, I would have no problems.

Thanks much!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Root your GSII, then use Wi-Fi tether for root users, it seems to have much wider compatibility in my experience.

Sent from my SGSII E4GT

I have an unrooted EVO 4g, I have foxfi on this, but when I launch hotspot I get htc lock is enabled. Is it possible to get this disabled without rooting?

I'm using FoxFi they now sell a key after 5 minutes.
    Also can try with SVTP is good too, but only give you 5 minutes to try.
    My phone is running 2.3 EL29.

Sent from my OM SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234