Helping out a friend

Cubanito

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a coworker who has the S2 epic etc from sprint. Every time he gets a incoming call he gets a lady telling him who the call is from and the phone number..how do you turn off this feature? I have looked at all the settings and can not figure it out. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a coworker who has the S2 epic etc from sprint. Every time he gets a incoming call he gets a lady telling him who the call is from and the phone number..how do you turn off this feature? I have looked at all the settings and can not figure it out. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Is his Google Voice account linked to his phone? That's what it sounds like to me.

If that's the case, he needs to adjust his GV settings on a computer.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's definitely Google Voice. I had issues with it always receiving texts instead of my stock messaging app and hearing that ladies voice. I was trying to use it for visual voicemail since I was on an AOSP ROM, was using Youmail..but ended up not liking it. I ended up unistalling the whole setup because it just became far too annoying. I now use Sprint V V client on CM 7.2, just installed the .apk like any other app and it provisioned successfully and works like a charm. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
That's definitely Google Voice. I had issues with it always receiving texts instead of my stock messaging app and hearing that ladies voice. I was trying to use it for visual voicemail since I was on an AOSP ROM, was using Youmail..but ended up not liking it. I ended up unistalling the whole setup because it just became far too annoying. I now use Sprint V V client on CM 7.2, just installed the .apk like any other app and it provisioned successfully and works like a charm. :)

Look who it is :p

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup, that would def be Google Voice. I believe you can turn that feature off from your google voice account through your computer. I cant remember though, its been awhile since i have used it.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, been a minute since we've all been in the same thread...far too long. Anyway...not doing to bad y'all...yourselves? I've just been trying to find out all I can about when the Nexus is coming to our beloved carrier...need that thing in my hands. I think though I'm going to end up missing my EVO like you've mentioned Dubz...you know when Deck released his ICS ROM. No worries, I do believe it will be a worry successor. Other than that, wishing I had home internet. I have like 3 or 4 threads on here I need to desperately update with that latest stuff. Like that Smooth & Sexy ROM thread, TWRP recovery, Decks ICS ROM...etc. Its so hard to do all that from a phone. Hopefully I will get the chance to update them a.s.a.p. :D

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It has been a while :)

Glad to hear everything is going well with you, minus the no home internet thing. When I had my MoPho I sure did miss being able to flash ROMs where everything (4G) work. Now that I have the E4GT, that sadness went away :p I've been flashing ROMs like crazy looking for the perfect one.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It has been a while :)

Glad to hear everything is going well with you, minus the no home internet thing. When I had my MoPho I sure did miss being able to flash ROMs where everything (4G) work. Now that I have the E4GT, that sadness went away :p I've been flashing ROMs like crazy looking for the perfect one.

It is nice having the choice of like thousand different ROMs. There are even ROMs I've found on other sites then the main ones...its great!!! :) anyway....you no like your Photon anymore? ;)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It is nice having the choice of like thousand different ROMs. There are even ROMs I've found on other sites then the main ones...its great!!! :) anyway....you no like your Photon anymore? ;)

I loved my MoPho but I bricked it trying to unlock it's bootloader. I freaked out because I couldn't find a way to bring it back to life soI used an upgrade I had on my account. I was eventually able to bring the MoPho back to life but I loved the E4GT too much :)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I loved my MoPho but I bricked it trying to unlock it's bootloader. I freaked out because I couldn't find a way to bring it back to life soI used an upgrade I had on my account. I was eventually able to bring the MoPho back to life but I loved the E4GT too much :)

Dang man...really? That blows....****ing Moto and their stupid bootloader policy. Also sucks you had to use an upgrade...no worries I suppose if you're loving your device. :)

omahawildcat

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

He could also just have the phone on driving mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey