1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Helping out a friend

I have a coworker who has the S2 epic etc from sprint. Every time he gets a incoming call he gets a lady telling him who the call is from and the phone number..how do you turn off this feature? I have looked at all the settings and can not figure it out. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Helping out a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanito View Post
    I have a coworker who has the S2 epic etc from sprint. Every time he gets a incoming call he gets a lady telling him who the call is from and the phone number..how do you turn off this feature? I have looked at all the settings and can not figure it out. Thanks in advance

Is his Google Voice account linked to his phone? That's what it sounds like to me.

If that's the case, he needs to adjust his GV settings on a computer.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

That's definitely Google Voice. I had issues with it always receiving texts instead of my stock messaging app and hearing that ladies voice. I was trying to use it for visual voicemail since I was on an AOSP ROM, was using Youmail..but ended up not liking it. I ended up unistalling the whole setup because it just became far too annoying. I now use Sprint V V client on CM 7.2, just installed the .apk like any other app and it provisioned successfully and works like a charm.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    That's definitely Google Voice. I had issues with it always receiving texts instead of my stock messaging app and hearing that ladies voice. I was trying to use it for visual voicemail since I was on an AOSP ROM, was using Youmail..but ended up not liking it. I ended up unistalling the whole setup because it just became far too annoying. I now use Sprint V V client on CM 7.2, just installed the .apk like any other app and it provisioned successfully and works like a charm.

Look who it is

Yup, that would def be Google Voice. I believe you can turn that feature off from your google voice account through your computer. I cant remember though, its been awhile since i have used it.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks all

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Look who it is
    Was thinking the samething!!!!

Whats up buddy...

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Hey guys, been a minute since we've all been in the same thread...far too long. Anyway...not doing to bad y'all...yourselves? I've just been trying to find out all I can about when the Nexus is coming to our beloved carrier...need that thing in my hands. I think though I'm going to end up missing my EVO like you've mentioned Dubz...you know when Deck released his ICS ROM. No worries, I do believe it will be a worry successor. Other than that, wishing I had home internet. I have like 3 or 4 threads on here I need to desperately update with that latest stuff. Like that Smooth & Sexy ROM thread, TWRP recovery, Decks ICS ROM...etc. Its so hard to do all that from a phone. Hopefully I will get the chance to update them a.s.a.p.

If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

It has been a while

Glad to hear everything is going well with you, minus the no home internet thing. When I had my MoPho I sure did miss being able to flash ROMs where everything (4G) work. Now that I have the E4GT, that sadness went away I've been flashing ROMs like crazy looking for the perfect one.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

It has been a while

Glad to hear everything is going well with you, minus the no home internet thing. When I had my MoPho I sure did miss being able to flash ROMs where everything (4G) work. Now that I have the E4GT, that sadness went away I've been flashing ROMs like crazy looking for the perfect one.
    It is nice having the choice of like thousand different ROMs. There are even ROMs I've found on other sites then the main ones...its great!!! anyway....you no like your Photon anymore?

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

It is nice having the choice of like thousand different ROMs. There are even ROMs I've found on other sites then the main ones...its great!!! anyway....you no like your Photon anymore?

I loved my MoPho but I bricked it trying to unlock it's bootloader. I freaked out because I couldn't find a way to bring it back to life soI used an upgrade I had on my account. I was eventually able to bring the MoPho back to life but I loved the E4GT too much

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

I loved my MoPho but I bricked it trying to unlock it's bootloader. I freaked out because I couldn't find a way to bring it back to life soI used an upgrade I had on my account. I was eventually able to bring the MoPho back to life but I loved the E4GT too much
    Dang man...really? That blows....****ing Moto and their stupid bootloader policy. Also sucks you had to use an upgrade...no worries I suppose if you're loving your device.

He could also just have the phone on driving mode.