Visual Voicemail Issue

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find a thread pertaining to the Epic 4G Touch.

I have had my phone for about two weeks and I have noticed that when people call me and leave a voicemail that there seems to be a delay before I am alerted that I have a voicemail.

At first I didn't think anything of it, but then I noticed that if I am on a call and someone calls in and leaves a voicemail, that it is taking anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours before I am alerted that they left me a voicemail.

I can pull up the voicemail and it shows no messages, even though I have voicemail.

Sprint took voicemail off my account and put it back on but that hasn't fixed the issue.

It is starting to do it now no matter if it's a call waiting call or not, I don't get notified of the voicemail until way later.

I came from the Evo 4G and never had this problem. I could be on a call and if someone left me a voicemail it would show the little symbol in the notification bar and then download when the call was over.

Any thoughts? Is this a bug with the phone?

Thanks!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well it's very likely not a problem with your phone, rather some kind of network issue or with how your phone is provisioned. Here's a few things you can try ...

Hit menu > settings > about phone > system updates and select "Update Profile"

Open the Voicemail app, hit menu > compose and create a message that's 5 to 10 seconds long, and send it to activate@vvm.sprint.com

Call *38 from your dialer to cancel any possible call forwarding that may be on your account

Power down your phone, open the back and pull the battery out, wait for a few (I'd give it about 30 seconds or so) then put the battery back in, and power up again.

I'd do all of the above in order, then call your phone and leave a message to see if there are any improvements. If not, I'd get on the horn with Sprint again. The problem is most likely on their end not yours.

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I have tried everything except for creating a message and sending it to the activate address.

I'll give it a try and hope that it works. No one around me that have Sprint phones are experiencing this issue and none of them have this phone either that's why I was curious if it was a problem with the actual phone.

I have noticed this phone seems to lose a connection a lot compared to my Evo so who knows :)

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Im having same problem.

Spent over an hour on phone with sprint. They did all that it worked for a few days and stopped.

I did what you said here and no go. I heard or read its not a completely unique problem.

Maybe ics will fix this. Idk.

drezzzzy#AC

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys tried Google Voice? The setup is pretty quick and easy and it's free! I've been using it for a couple years now and it's very good at visual voicemail. There are also other features such as the ability to send/receive sms and also ability to make phone calls for free in the US and internationally at some pretty competitive rates. Hopefully this was helpful...

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys tried Google Voice? The setup is pretty quick and easy and it's free! I've been using it for a couple years now and it's very good at visual voicemail. There are also other features such as the ability to send/receive sms and also ability to make phone calls for free in the US and internationally at some pretty competitive rates. Hopefully this was helpful...

I have two lines running off my phone. My cell phone number and google voice. One line deposits voicemail into the google voice area and transcribes messages and theoretically the resident visual voice mail is supposed to do the same...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae