Sprint Galaxy S2: Camera not working

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My friend just bought her epic4g touch and when she tries to start the camera it gives her an error that camera failed amyone got any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok 89 views and no one has had this problem? Bad phone or what? Maybe do a factory reset?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera not working

Sorry I've never heard of this. I'd try a factory reset yeah.

Edit: actually, you probably should go to the camera under applications in the phone settings and try to clear data first.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I second the factory reset. I would even go as far as downloading a free camera app to make sure that your camera is functional. If it does work, you can download the apk and install it. But a factory reset should do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Actually I have gotten that error before. I'm pretty sure it was from a different faulty app, but a reboot fixed the problem and I don't think I've gotten it again.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

The only bug I've experienced is that the UI for the stock camera doesn't load right away. I'll see the viewfinder image as expected, but only black bars at the top and bottom of the screen where the shutter icon and other controls should be. Usually this happens once, after a reboot.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I second the factory reset. I would even go as far as downloading a free camera app to make sure that your camera is functional. If it does work, you can download the apk and install it. But a factory reset should do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, in my experience the vast majority of third party camera apps don't come close to using the full capability of the hardware. If you get more than a tenth of the amount of pixels you should get from stock, you're lucky.

One of the few exceptions I've found is the Nexus Camera which is available in the marketplace. I haven't fully explored its features and capabilities, but as far as I've gone with it it seems to run fine on our phones.

Meagan Johnson

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've had this issue.. I tried the factory reset and clearing data and cache for the camera. I've restarted my phone more times than I can count.
I deleted the instagram app, and now it works perfectly. I haven't had any issues with the camera.

Sucks cause I do enjoy instagram.
But at least I have the camera back.

It may be another app cause the issue, if you do not have instagram.

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech