1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Free GS3 v0.0.6

Default Sprint Galaxy S2: Camera not working

My friend just bought her epic4g touch and when she tries to start the camera it gives her an error that camera failed amyone got any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    WGATAP Matthew 19:26
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Free GS3 v0.0.6

Ok 89 views and no one has had this problem? Bad phone or what? Maybe do a factory reset?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    WGATAP Matthew 19:26

Default Re: Camera not working

Sorry I've never heard of this. I'd try a factory reset yeah.

Edit: actually, you probably should go to the camera under applications in the phone settings and try to clear data first.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

I second the factory reset. I would even go as far as downloading a free camera app to make sure that your camera is functional. If it does work, you can download the apk and install it. But a factory reset should do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Flashaholic

ROM
    PACman

Actually I have gotten that error before. I'm pretty sure it was from a different faulty app, but a reboot fixed the problem and I don't think I've gotten it again.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

The only bug I've experienced is that the UI for the stock camera doesn't load right away. I'll see the viewfinder image as expected, but only black bars at the top and bottom of the screen where the shutter icon and other controls should be. Usually this happens once, after a reboot.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ROM
    HYdroROM 1.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by mike104393 View Post
    I second the factory reset. I would even go as far as downloading a free camera app to make sure that your camera is functional. If it does work, you can download the apk and install it. But a factory reset should do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    For what it's worth, in my experience the vast majority of third party camera apps don't come close to using the full capability of the hardware. If you get more than a tenth of the amount of pixels you should get from stock, you're lucky.

One of the few exceptions I've found is the Nexus Camera which is available in the marketplace. I haven't fully explored its features and capabilities, but as far as I've gone with it it seems to run fine on our phones.