Voicemail problems

phade1up

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having a problem with my voice mail. When someone leaves me a message I receive a text message saying

xxx)1112222 sent you a Voice SMS Message. Call xxx)603-0000 to listen.
When I call the number I dont get no measage what could be the problem

Thanks for your help

amacnutt

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me once. It was because I was using GO SMS for text messaging and selected it to handle ALL incoming messages. That meant it was also handling voicemail. If you are using a 3rd party messaging app, make sure it's not set to handle all messages. Once I turned that setting off, voicemail went back to normal.

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That happened to me once. It was because I was using GO SMS for text messaging and selected it to handle ALL incoming messages. That meant it was also handling voicemail. If you are using a 3rd party messaging app, make sure it's not set to handle all messages. Once I turned that setting off, voicemail went back to normal.

Do you by chance know where it is in GOsms to turn off that setting?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it was in Settings - Advanced - Receive Settings, and make sure that "disable other message notification" is NOT checked. Try that.

BTW, I love DM!

Yep this is right on if I recall correctly. I haven't used GoSMS in awhile. Also, you'll need to go into the settings of the stock messaging application and manually turn notifications off. Otherwise, you'll get duplicate notifications, one from GoSMS and one from the stock App.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
GoSMS was the culprit from my issue but it was that and then my friends phone needed a voicemail update and until she did it the phone kept sending the text and a message about not being able to retrieve the voicemail and to call.

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
my wife has the same problem with her Epic 4G Touch and at one point she had GoSMS installed, but the app was deleted over a month ago and her voicemail still does the same as the OP describes, she spent 2 hours with Sprint Tech Support last week trying all kinds of things and updating voicemail to death to no avail... please help

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
my wife has the same problem with her Epic 4G Touch and at one point she had GoSMS installed, but the app was deleted over a month ago and her voicemail still does the same as the OP describes, she spent 2 hours with Sprint Tech Support last week trying all kinds of things and updating voicemail to death to no avail... please help

Did they have you send a voicemail message to activate@vvm.sprint.com?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No they did not... they sent several voice mails to verify service, which did not work! Then they uninstalled and re-installed the voicemail app several times, which also didn't work!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No they did not... they sent several voice mails to verify service, which did not work! Then they uninstalled and re-installed the voicemail app several times, which also didn't work!

Okay Ed, try these things on her phone, in order, until the problem is resolved (hopefully) ...

1)

Open the Voicemail application
Click Menu > Compose
Click "To" and enter activate@vvm.sprint.com (that's v v m , not w m)
Click Record, let it record for about 5 seconds, then click Stop
Click Send
Wait a few minutes then leave a VM

2)

From the phone dialpad, enter *38 and hit Call. This will disable any possible voicemail forwarding that may be set on her line.

3)

Go Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates and click "Update Profile". Wait for the success message, then reboot her phone.

I have a feeling #1 may solve her issue, but try the others in order if not. Hopefully one of these solutions get's it working for her.

Reactions: kathykatia

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay Ed, try these things on her phone, in order, until the problem is resolved (hopefully) ...

1)

Open the Voicemail application
Click Menu > Compose
Click "To" and enter activate@vvm.sprint.com (that's v v m , not w m)
Click Record, let it record for about 5 seconds, then click Stop
Click Send
Wait a few minutes then leave a VM

2)

From the phone dialpad, enter *38 and hit Call. This will disable any possible voicemail forwarding that may be set on her line.

3)

Go Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates and click "Update Profile". Wait for the success message, then reboot her phone.

I have a feeling #1 may solve her issue, but try the others in order if not. Hopefully one of these solutions get's it working for her.

Successs... thank you, thank you! #1 did solve the issue thanks again. I cannot believe tech support could not get this one fixed!

JayWill72 - 1
Sprint Tech - 0

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like a different problem. I'd call Sprint support if you haven't already.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint said it's a carrier roaming contract issue in my area, since I roam off U.S. Cellular and Verizon towers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

George Gruss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I am having a problem with my voice mail. When someone leaves me a message I receive a text message saying xxx)1112222 sent you a Voice SMS Message. Call xxx)603-0000 to listen.
When I call the number I get a busy signal. In the past I got a simple notice I had a new voice mail, clicked on it and takes me directly to my voicemail list. Now, when I click on my voice mail app. no new voice mail is listed. However, If I use the number 1 phone key I can retrieve my voice mail. The problem seems to be related to "Hangouts" or "Google speech to text messaging" I would like to get back to the simple method of retrieving my voicemail. This just started about three weeks ago. Called tech support three times, they updating my profile and voicemail, but didn't work. They think it is a software issue. Any ideas I looked at some of the replies below, but wasn't able to access those settings or menus on my phone

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII, Model SPH-D710VMUB, from Virgin Mobile

Thanks for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech