Unable to save picture received via text

tech-challenged gal

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to save a picture that I received in a text message and unable to do so. I used to be able to just long press the picture and have the option to save it. Now I have no options. Clicking on the menu doesn't bring up any options either. Does anyone know how I can save the picture?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to save a picture that I received in a text message and unable to do so. I used to be able to just long press the picture and have the option to save it. Now I have no options. Clicking on the menu
doesn't bring up any options either. Does anyone know how I can save the picture?

Try rebooting your phone. By holding the Power button down till you see a submenu pop up. Then select Power Off. After the soft key lights turn off, hold the Power button down for about 3 seconds, you will see a black Samsung screen, let the phone fully boot up, then try saving the photo in your messaging app again.....

tech-challenged gal

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting your phone. By holding the Power button down till you see a submenu pop up. Then select Power Off. After the soft key lights turn off, hold the Power button down for about 3 seconds, you will see a black Samsung screen, let the phone fully boot up, then try saving the photo in your messaging app again.....

Have tried the reboot and also someone suggested that I should do a battery pull. Neither have fixed the problem. I cant figure out why I am no longer able to save pictures.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel bad...since the last update my phone wont allow me to save pics either.

I am pretty sure it was due to the last update when that option was removed.

tech-challenged gal

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel bad...since the last update my phone wont allow me to save pics either.

I am pretty sure it was due to the last update when that option was removed.

Sigh... thanks for the input. Normally wouldn't bother me much, but a relative sent me a picture of a photo of my parents on their wedding day.

Kind of found a way around not being able to save the picture by taking a screen shot of it, but its not the same.

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It's not the last update. I can still save pictures fine so I'm not sure what's causing you to not be able to.

Are you long pressing the picture before you tap on it to see it full size?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue I only had the phone for about a month now... I save a picture before but now I can't for some odd reason

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not the last update. I can still save pictures fine so I'm not sure what's causing you to not be able to.

Are you long pressing the picture before you tap on it to see it full size?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the issue, as simple as it sounds. I read about someone having this same issue recently, and they were long pressing the full blown up version of the image, not the little thumbnail within the text message.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
if you long press the thumbnail in the message, it will pull up a list of commands. Press on "attached items". It will pull up another window. Put a check mark in the box and press save. It will save it to the sd card.

TKazluvsVKaz

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
>>mikehoff99 said: If you long press the thumbnail in the message, it will pull up a list of commands. Press on "attached items". It will pull up another window. Put a check mark in the box and press save. It will save it to the sd card. <<

The key is the THUMBNAIL - thanks, mike, that fixed my problem!! The long press also allowed me to Share picture, at which point I could email it to myself (one of many options) and save it on my computer! :D

Sinner82

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
While in your message thread, hold long on the pic. Submenu comes up, click on "attached items", click on check box, and then "save".
This will save to your downloads folder in your gallery.

reng00

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello I recently did a factory reset on my phone. Before that when ever I received a picture in my text messages it would show me a thumb view of it. Now that I reset my phone when ever I get a picture text it asks me to downlaod it before viewing it. It there a way to get it back to the thumbview?

lostlenore1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks that advice worked great for me. I realized that I can save photos when i bring it up full screen only if there was text accompanying it. The ones where my friend didnt send a comment with it were the ones i had to hold down in the conversation to save. Just in case anyone else had that problem. Thanks again.

Suzy5555

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem and finally figured it out. The hard menu under the picture has an option of "attached items." Click on that, and it will give you the save option. You first select the image file, then click SAVE.

Hope this is not too late. :)