1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera Failed

Every time I try to use my camera I get a notification telling me the camera failed. I tried a factory reset today and still the same problem. Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
    Awesome Possum

ROM
    AOSP JB/CM9

Default Re: Camera Failed

Hmm, starting to see this issue pop up more often. http://forums.androidcentral.com/spr...t-working.html

I would take it to a sprint store if the issue persists. Are you stock and unrooted?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I'm stock and unrooted. I took it in yesterday. They're going to just give me another one

I've seen this once or twice but a simply reboot fixed it

Sent from my SGS2 via Tapatalk

I had this issue before. It happened to me one time. It seemed to clear itself up after a reboot and a charge. I rebooted the phone end the camera failed. I plugged in the charger and it started to work when it was plugged in. Then I unplugged it and it worked. That was the only time I've ever seen that though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Method 4:

Disable the Location option in your Samsung Galaxy.

NOTE : Method 4 fixed my camera problem.

Did you find a solution for this problem???Even I face the same issue when I use the camera in Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Last edited by Sharon Dil; 12-30-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: To give more details

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Dil View Post
    Did you find a solution for this problem???Even I face the same issue when I use the camera in Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
    Wrong forum.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Why my camera not working. and say `Camera Failed` I restarted 2,3 times but still not working

Have the same issue. My Note 2 was okay at first the steps i followed was real. But when i download an app called "Otaku Camera". Well, It happened again. My camera was not working and it keeps on popping "WARNING: Camera Failed". I went to Samsung Service Center at first they told me it just need a software update but i've done that. But, nothing happened. They told me that some apps caused that issue. That some apps corrupted the device especially the Camera. Now they are replacing some parts with my phone. :/ And it cost me a lot. BIG TIME. so beware. Some told me check the reviews well. But, even reviews lie. WHAT A TOTAL BUMMER SAMSUNG especially GOOGLE PLAY. So yeah!, GoodLUCK.

When it happened? and What did you do before getting Camera Failed?

I got it fixed by following these steps:

1. Connect your device to your laptop using data cable
    2. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Applidium Image Cache
    3. Delete everything in this folder
    4. Go to folder: Computer\SAMSUNG-SGH-I747\Phone\Android\data\com.sec.android.gallery3d\cache
    5. Delete everything in this folder
    6. Restart your phone
    7. Camera works
    Thanked by: