Looks like they are getting close with FC18 (Video)

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I really really really hope that we get to keep the ability to use the stock ICS launcher. I like the looks of it better since we at least get some transition animations while in the app drawer, and unless I am mistaken, live scrollable wallpapers should work properly as well with ICS.

I just don't understand why Samsung went through all the trouble of creating the transition animations in the earlier builds just to ditch them with the later ones. Very sad.

Enjoy the video.... phone looks fast with no lag at all (not like it's a slouch now!)

Review of Leaked FC18 ICS on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Reactions: Titus37 and joe8617

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea it does appear to be super smooth, with face unlock working & gps! I wonder why they refuse the standard blue look tho?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any noticeable bugs in it? I haven't seen mention of any in the threads and reviews.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if there are any noticeable bugs in it? I haven't seen mention of any in the threads and reviews.

The only noticeable bug I can find is how the Touchwiz gallery handles the homescreen wallpaper. It still blows the wallpaper up and zooms in even when you only select a 800x600 area.

This is easily fixed by using a free gallery App called Quickpic though, which sets the wallpaper perfectly. Or you can use a different launcher of course. I've grown quite fond of Nova launcher personally.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The only noticeable bug I can find is how the Touchwiz gallery handles the homescreen wallpaper. It still blows the wallpaper up and zooms in even when you only select a 800x600 area.

This is easily fixed by using a free gallery App called Quickpic though, which sets the wallpaper perfectly. Or you can use a different launcher of course. I've grown quite fond of Ncova launcher personally.

It isn't just touchwiz launcher, it is an issue with nova also. I've also read this is a stock ICS issue not just touchwiz.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It isn't just touchwiz launcher, it is an issue with nova also. I've also read this is a stock ICS issue not just touchwiz.

Good point. Now that I think about it, this also happens on the stock ICS launcher. I don't notice it much anymore because I now use Quickpic as my day-to-day gallery and use it for all gallery related functions.