Swype is getting slower- any suggestions?

tchafes

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an Epic 4G touch, had it since December, been using Swype the last two months. I like using Swype, but it seems to be getting slower and have a lag on these two issues:

Example #1: I click on a word that has been misspelled by Swype or me (example: son instead of soon). I click the cursor on the word son to change it to soon, the auto-correct word options stay with the words where my cursor previously was. I then click on another word with cursor, and the auto-correct word options then appear as soon, stun, etc. It's almost as though Swype is 5 seconds delayed in pulling up auto-correct word options.

Example #2: I'm done with a paragraph, have gone back and made my edits/corrections to the paragraph, then I can't seem to get the cursor back to the end of the paragraph. I click at the end of the paragraph, below the paragraph and even try to drag my cursor down to the end- nothing works. I then have to go into the editing screen in Swype and manually use the arrows to get the cursor where I want it. Very frustrating and time consuming!

Both these issues didn't seem to happen until recently, and they seem to be getting worse. I wish I could uninstall the Swype on my phone and just go to the Play store and download the beta version instead of the pre-installed one. I'd prefer not to clear all settings as I have a lot of stored words in the dictionary that I'd prefer not to erase and start over on.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Other than clearing data, which you said you'd prefer not to do, I can't think of an alternative. On the plus side, you may be please to hear that the latest Swype beta (I think it's the latest anyways) is pre-loaded on the ICS update, so you should be able to get your hands on it fairly soon. Maybe it would resolve the issues you're having.

The Swype version included as of the latest ICS FC18 build is 3.26.92.38652

You also may want to check the Swype forums for anyone reporting similar issues. Swype Forums