Spam Notifications

tchafes

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting spam notifications in my status bar. Some look like stars, others plusses, etc. In order to clear them, I have to pull down the notification bar and click on the message (much like an email or phone call). When I click on them it takes me to the internet and says stuff like "Meet local singles, download this app".

I think it may have been a Thumbs app I installed about 2 months ago.

Any way to stop these? I just installed the app Lookout- will this solve it? Lookout ran a scan and didn't find any viruses on my phone.

Thanks!

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, it could be a app that pushes adds to your phone, you may need to start uninstalling apps until they go away, also (if you're not rooted) you may want to factory reset

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
No need to uninstall apps or Hard Reset.

Get Air Push Detector from the Market and run it. Aur Push Detector will tell you what installed apps have the spam push code so you can delete those. Many free themes will push spam...

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have used Addons Detector which is free from the market too. It scans all your apps and makes it really easy to see what each app is doing and them it is a simple task to just delete the app causing the unwanted notifications.

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12