Epic "Forgets" Assigned Ringtones

MerpsMom

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My Epic develops amnesia occasionally. I assign a ringtone to each family member and have one default for all others.

Why in the world does it change them?? I've had to reinstate them probably half a dozen times since December. I'm not pulling the battery or resetting to factory, so I just don't get it. :(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Download Rings Extended from the Play store and use it to assign ring tones. Set the tones normally and you'll get the option to use Rings Extended -- that has seemed to work for me in the past with other devices experiencing the same issue.

dsoto

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I had an HTC evo 3d with the same issue. Kept getting replacements with the same issue. So I got my phone swapped for an epic touch and still had the same issue. I replaced my memory card and it was fixed. All my ringers were on my memory card. After all those exchanges for different phones it was just a bad memory card.

skyo12

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My Epic develops amnesia occasionally. I assign a ringtone to each family member and have one default for all others.

Why in the world does it change them?? I've had to reinstate them probably half a dozen times since December. I'm not pulling the battery or resetting to factory, so I just don't get it. :(

That's weird, do you have a ringtone assigned to a particular group of contacts that may overlap your family members? If you do, you have to set that group to default ringtone before it would work correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995