Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail doesn't work

Hey there just got the samsung galaxy s II a week or so ago. Just bow realizing my Voicemail doesn't work. I just get a text telling me to call a number. Is this something I can did somehow and can fix? Or is it just a sprint issue? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Umm sorry for the typos.

Default Re: Voicemail doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by mandyd78 View Post
    Hey there just got the samsung galaxy s II a week or so ago. Just bow realizing my Voicemail doesn't work. I just get a text telling me to call a number. Is this something I can did somehow and can fix? Or is it just a sprint issue? Any help would be appreciated :-)

Disable "Handle All Messages" in your third party messaging app.....

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Disable "Handle All Messages" in your third party messaging app.....
    If this isn't the cause of the problem (which it often is but not always), try the things laid out in this post ...

Voicemail problems
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

This is happening to me as well... Thought it was a glitch from my carrier. Gonna hit those links to see if I can solve thus problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I had the same issue when I installed gosms pro. You need to disabled le third party messaging in the settings and then need to reactivate the voicemail on the phone. You have to send a text to sprint with some codes. I forgot the exact text. This will resolve the issue. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lasercomp View Post
    I had the same issue when I installed gosms pro. You need to disabled le third party messaging in the settings and then need to reactivate the voicemail on the phone. You have to send a text to sprint with some codes. I forgot the exact text. This will resolve the issue. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
    I had this same issue going on with GoSms. After disabling 3rd party msg everything worked fine for a few days. Eventually removed GoSms & still have the same problem.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

You need to send that text to register with sprint's voicemail.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill72 View Post
    If this isn't the cause of the problem (which it often is but not always), try the things laid out in this post ...

Voicemail problems
    That how my voicemail problem was fixed... thanks to JayWill72

Go to the link and follow his steps!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks so much. I had previously used go sms, but it was uninstalled at the time. I probably could have fixed it if I would have known about the setting. Anyway, I tried sending the codes to sprint vm (after using help menu on sprint vm) but it didn't work. I ended up having to do a factory reset. All is well now. :-) thanks for the replies.