1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Default Wifi issues with fios

Greetings all, I am at my witts end trying to troubleshoot this problem. I have the et4g and the standard (unknown make/model) verizon fios wireless router that comes with fios tv. My phone connects to router with no problem and I have solid wifi signal. Problem starts when I am accessing web page. My page initially loads but then the cirle of eternity waiting for the page to load, waiting, and waiting. At times I get an error message saying data timeout or connectivity error.

At times pages will take minutes to load or not load at all. I can connect to other wifi hot spots (b&n, panera, etc) with no problem and pages load quickly without error messages. I have called samsung and wifi is correctly working on phone. I have called vz for some trouble shooting but to no resolve. Any idea on what to do next? Is there settings I can adjust within my router to perhaps fix this? If anyone has had this problem before your assistance is greatly appreciated

Default Re: Wifi issues with fios

I have fios with the actiontec router/modem and use wifi and it is working fine. First thing I would suggest is to test your speed with a computer and the router to make sure the router/fios is ok. Also do you have any other wireless devices you can test with (an ipod touch or ipad for example). Also turn off any security for now to see if the security is hindering it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Default Re: Wifi issues with fios

i will try these suggestions