Wifi connection speed only 65Mbps max?

edlee321

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
In Wifi settings, even while right next to router I am only gettting 65mbps max.

Is there any way to override this, cause I think this should be at least 130mbps since this is a single stream device.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is your answer ... AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S 2 (International) Review - The Best, Redefined

Specifically ...

There?s something deceptive about this however, and it?s that although Samsung has chosen to go the usual compressed-dynamic-range route with cellular bars, the WLAN bars seem to be more linearized. Thus where I?m used to seeing every other smartphone show max (until you?re right about to fall off), the SGS2 actually doesn?t lie to me and shows fewer bars. Until I ran around and looked at RSSI in dBm, I suspected SGS2 had WLAN sensitivity issues where there don?t appear to be any. One small thing I did notice is that SGS2 (and BCM4330) seems to only connect at long guard interval (eg 65 Mbps maximum for single stream, 20 MHz channels), where SGS1 and BCM4329 connected at 72 Mbps short guard interval.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa