Odd phone behavior after dropping it...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So the inevitable happened, my unprotected phone fell from chair height onto a tile floor. Luckily and landed on it's back, but the battery door as well as the battery fell out with the fall. I put the phone back together and it started up fine, there also were no scratches on it at all...I wonder how a glass backed iPhone 4S would have fared!!! Anyhow, the next day I spent cleaning and polishing my car, listening to my own music through the Google Music app with the files residing on the phone, not being streamed. This worked great for about an hour when suddenly the phone rebooted. I heard the start up sound through the headphones (had the phone in my leather case attached to my jeans) but because my hands were wet from claying the car I didn't want to mess with the phone until I was done with this particular section of the car. While I continue to work, I hear the phone restart again....hmm... I finish up and check things out as it boots up again. During the media scanning process the phone felt a bit sluggish but then seemed normal again once it was completely booted up. I started playing music again, but just about 10 minutes into it, it reboots again. I try it one more time but when it rebooted yet again, I gave up on it. I just let the phone be and finished my 10 hour car cleaning session. After I was done I hooked it to the charger and got ready for a night out when I get the message that charging was paused because of the battery being too hot! I took the battery out and the thing was stone cold. I put it back in with the same result. At this point I turn the phone off completely and thankfully in this state it did charge the battery just fine.

After coming home at night I plug it back into the charger with the phone on, and it behaved fine.

So what caused this? The drop on the floor which showed no damage to the visible eye? Is it a bug with Google Music? Has anyone had issues listening to music located on the phone for an extended period of time? It seems to be behaing normal again and I haven't had a chance to due a 1+ hour music listening session, just wanted to know if anyone has had similar problems.

Thanks for reading....I know it was a thrilling write up! ;-)

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Probably the google music app was having a hard time accessing the content on your phone (external or internal storage). This is what probably caused the issue. I have also with leaked samsung roms in the past when running multiple applications, the cpu would get too hot and the phone would shut off as a precaution I assume.

I don't see it happening again, just be careful thats all.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ran it yesterday for over an hour while cutting grass without any problems, I guess it fixed itself. I really didn't want a replacement phone, just too much work setting it up all over again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante